Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Treatment for new scar? Login/Join

posted
I had five sutures above my eye about 8 weeks ago, a deep gash from an accident. There's a red scar. I was cautioned by the doctor the skin's delicate. Is Super Cop 2x too strong? If not, how often? I use it without problems. If it's too strong, what's best to use? Is it ok to use LacSal? Daily? I use 40% latic acid weekly. Is this ok to use on the scar? Thanks!

Posts: 20 | Location: VA,USA | Registered: 14 January 2009Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
You can use the strong products but very lightly.

The hydroxy acid slowly dissolve scar tissue and the copper peptides keep the skin happy.

It takes time but going slow is best.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 20 | Location: VA,USA | Registered: 14 January 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried using strong products but only a pea-size daily. I think I have used the one that I am using now for two years already but I don't really notice any difference. I'm not really sure if my scars are really thick or I am not using enough.

Posts: 5 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 November 2017Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear golden:

Things do take time... but after two years of consistent use you should be noticing a difference.

Actually if you haven't seen much difference after 4 months, you should call us - We are happy to help.

Give us a call at 1-800-405-1912 or send an email to customerservice@skinbiology.com and let us know what exactly you've tried and for how long.

There may be some essential tips and tricks that you are missing.

You may need to use a little bit more, or a bit stronger (or sometimes even a bit milder!) approach... plus, there are some new product tools we can clue you in on.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post