Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Turmeric Honey face mask? Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted
I found a recipe about a face mask made of raw unfiltered honey, turmeric powder, CoQ10 and some oil (coconut / squalane etc).
I tried it few times so far. I do not see any visible result yet. But it sure is very messy with that yellowness from the turmeric and stickiness from the honey. I am wondering if it is worth the hassle.
So I thought I'd ask here if Skin Biology thinks such face mask has any potential at all?
Thank you so much Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!

Posts: 474 | Location: Eden Prairie (MN) | Registered: 07 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
I doubt it, but you might like a bright fluorescent face.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
Picture of Rossana
posted Hide Post
haha ok no more yellowness on my face! Big Grin Does the raw unfiltered honey alone help at all with anything on the skin? It seems so popular as a skin product

Posts: 474 | Location: Eden Prairie (MN) | Registered: 07 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
interesting question about honey, let's hear any experience.

Posts: 44 | Location: Moscow, Russian Federation | Registered: 06 August 2016Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Well, honey attracts flies.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
Picture of Rossana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ilia:
interesting question about honey, let's hear any experience.

I tried the mask today (pure raw unfiltered honey, the liquid type), feels nice on the skin once you remove it. I can't say I like that stickiness while it is on the skin. I left it for about 15 minutes. I will continue doing it on a regular basis and post my experience. I read a lot of people using honey in place of a cleanser.
I think I won't skip a gentle cleanser because I exercise a lot and I have a lot of sweat and dirt to remove and I don't feel like the honey would be enough. I will just use it as a mask. Will post feedback in the future.

posted Hide Post
Honey is said to have some antibiotic properties and I know Manuka honey is used as a dressing for non-healing wounds. When my children were young we used cloth diapers; diaper rash is mostly nonexistent with cloth but if their bottoms seemed pink first we would let them go without...to sort of "air them out", if pinkness persisted we would lie them on their bellies and coat their bottoms with raw honey which always seemed to resolve the issue. About 10 years ago when my then 7 year-old has chapped cheeks the dermatologist suggested we coat with honey in the evening and aquafore before school. I think there is some evidence that honey has benefit in a variety of conditions, I don't know if there is any benefit in using it as a preventative.

Posts: 1 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 19 February 2017Report This Post