New
Find
Notify
Tools
Rolling Questions Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Question 1:
I was wondering if it is better to use the skin needling roller before or after applying your product?

Question 2:
I am also using the 0.25mm roller daily for product penetration, and using a 0.5 weekly for collagen induction. Am I needling too often? I was told the 0.3 and shorter needles can be used daily for product penetration, 0.5mm can be used weekly, but anything above that (1mm and above) should only be used once every 6 weeks because of deeper dermal healing that needs to occur.

HELP!

Thanks!

Posts: 6 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 14 May 2011Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
You could use copper peptides lightly before and after. Rub the copper peptide products into the skin for about 30 seconds.

Be careful of overusing the rollers. Once a week is enough. Skin needs time to recover.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
once a week for the 0.25mm rollers? Or should I forego the 0.25mm rollers and just use the 0.5mm once a week?

Thanks!

Posts: 6 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 14 May 2011Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Try just using the 0.5 mm.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you think the 0.5mm rollers will help out with fine lines? Do you think I need a longer needle length?

posted Hide Post
Hi Ms. Kitten Smiler What are you trying to achieve or what are you working on? I can't find any mention in your previous posts.

The 0.5 will not induce any Collagen formation. You have to get down into the Dermis which usually requires a 1.5 and the area where you are attempting to stimulate Collagen Induction has to be rolled in vigorous enough manner to create a scab. Its generally done only once every 6 weeks.

There has to be an actual wounding of the skin so the body recognizes it as such to create the Collagen.

The 0.5 can be useful though for breaking up scar tissue for easier removal.

You can use a 0.25 for product penetration. Personally I don't but some people do. I didn't see any difference when I experimented with the short needles for penetration purposes.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
kittenkat,
Here is some information on rolling.

http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/...ler-instructions.pdf

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it best to put on cp after Infadolan?

Posts: 40 | Location: Denton | Registered: 18 June 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TW:
Is it best to put on cp after Infadolan?

I don't use infadolan. It is unnecessary in my opinion. Her general information about rolling is useful but I do not use any of her recommended products. I use only cp, emu oil and polysporin (if I do a heavy roll). Also, don't waste money on her rollers. But them on ebay for $12.00 and under.

However, if you choose to use the infadolan, apply it after cp because it is petroleum based and will prevent the absorption of cp if applied to the skin first.

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 40 | Location: Denton | Registered: 18 June 2009Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nicekitty123:

I don't use infadolan. It is unnecessary in my opinion. Her general information about rolling is useful but I do not use any of her recommended products. I use only cp, emu oil and polysporin (if I do a heavy roll). Also, don't waste money on her rollers. Buy them on ebay for $12.00 and under.

However, if you choose to use the infadolan, apply it after cp because it is petroleum based and will prevent the absorption of cp if applied to the skin first.

The outer skin obtains some of its oxygen directly from the air. When petrolatum covers the skin and blocks the air, the skin has less energy and is less able to rebuild.