Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dark circles - looking for solutions Login/Join

posted
Hi, i'm new so hopefully i'm in the right place. Basically my problem is that the dark circles underneath my eyes are terrible. I am pretty sure that this is due to thinning skin and probably a loss of subcutaneous fat which i am told begins to kick in during your 20's. I have fair/pale skin and unfortunately during my teen years (i'm 30 now) i had bad breakouts so was given isotretinoin tablets - i feel quite sure that they thinned my skin at the time so my eyes have looked not too great ever since and then in particular my late 20's even worse still.

I am actually at the point now where i dont even look in the mirror if i can help it so it goes without saying if i could do anything about these dark circles it would be amazing. What would you try in my situation?

Thanks for any help!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 4 | Location: UK | Registered: 04 November 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear X4X,
based on my personal experience with CPS I can say that my dark circles visibly improved by using the GHK. It takes time and should go slowly but you will see results. I recently realised that I do not use as much concealer as I was used to do in the past. I have the same skin conditions as yours: thin skin, fair pale.. so give it a try!
Best
Ale

Posts: 78 | Location: Milan | Registered: 15 February 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, thanks a lot for the reply. I guess the CPS is Copper peptide Serum? http://store.reverseskinaging....s.asp?ProductCode=23

But what does GHK stand for?

edit. oh it's okay i found the answer.

posted Hide Post
I suppose i have another question: what are the dangers of me making my eyes look worse by using copper peptides?

Thanks

posted Hide Post
Till now I haven't experienced any major problems or faced what is called "uglies".. and I am using Cps since 6 months. I hope they won't come later by the way Smiler
Going back to your question I guess you should start with the mildest product - (GHK cream) and build up your way to the stronger ones step by step. Nowadays I am using the CP eye serum premier which is slightly stronger than GHK but as I said it has been already 6 months of CPS' use. I think some other guests may chime in and help you further..

Cheers,
Ale

Posts: 78 | Location: Milan | Registered: 15 February 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for your help, really appreciate it. Does anyone else have any thoughts/tips on using copper peptides around the eyes on what seems to be very thin skin?

I also have very thin transparent skin on the back of my hands. The veins are very visible. Would it be an idea to try it there first or should i go straight to where i really need it?

posted Hide Post
I have been using copper peptides for over a year now. I still love the Super GHK cream for my eyes. You can use that anywhere, it is a really nice CP.
For your hands, you can use something stronger. I use CP serum , and just started using Skin Signals cream on my hands. It works really well there. I am just now moving into using skin signals on my face after using GHK and CP serum for a long time. The "night eyes" is stronger than GHK, but GHK works so well I prefer it on my eyes.

As Ale said, the trick to all the CPs is going slowly in the beginning with the lightest strength products, and being patient.
Also, customer service at Skin Biology is some of the best anywhere. They are wonderful and you will get to know them as you have questions on your skin and CP.
Don't hesitate to call them, they are so patient about answering any questions.

Posts: 39 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 04 February 2011Report This Post