Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
lacSal Serum Login/Join

posted
Will the LacSal be effective if I wait 30 minutes or longer before applying CP's, also will the CP's work on my skin after the 30 minute wait. I do this routine in the morning.

Posts: 100 | Location: Brick, NJ | Registered: 04 September 2006Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear dianemarie:

First try using the two products at the opposite ends of the day. That is our main recommendation: Copper peptide product in the AM / LacSal Serum in the PM... This way both products work optimally.

But if you choose to use two back-to-back, most clients wait a bit before applying their copper peptide on top of a hydroxy acid exfoliator (20-30 minutes if possible).

The copper peptide will still be very effective on your skin after the 30 minute wait.

The reasoning on "wait times" has to do with the pH of the exfoliator potentially being affected and not allowed to work optimally.

Understanding pH and Hydroxy Acid Efficacy

pH stands for “Power of Hydrogen” - pH effects the acid you use and how it works. Disturbing the acid while it is on the skin can potentially alter pH and effect its action.

Generally speaking, an acid is effective for approximately 20 to 30 minutes on the skin's surface. After that point the pH has risen enough to lessen the exfoliation action. Then the acid is effectively neutralized.

During this 30 minute time frame, the acid is working effectively at optimal levels. Anything applied after 30 minutes will not hamper the effect of your acid, as the pH has already changed, and the acid action has slowed a lot.

Our hydroxy acids are very mild and it was only recently that we added the suggestion of a “wait time” when using them. So even if the client hasn't been waiting (or is unable to wait a full 20-30mins) they can still gain some benefit.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Generally we recommend using them at different times of the day, but many people use them as you suggest and see a good response.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post