Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Any absolute no's? Login/Join

posted
Just curious...in regards to skin care and scar reduction, are there any absolute no's in any of these regimens? I have been reading so much on the forum that I'll see a "no / not to do something" type instruction, but then I forget it once I keep on reading more and more. So for all of you that know these products forward and backward, can you give me a concise list of "no's"? I know there are a lot of options/flexibility (a lot of yes's) with the products, but can you tell me the absolute not-to-do's. I think that would be easier to file in the back of my head. Does this make any sense? Sorry if not. I feel like I am not asking this sufficiently. Confused

Posts: 35 | Location: homefront | Registered: 05 January 2011Report This Post
Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
Right off the top of my head, other than to start MILD & go slow, I would say listening to a so-called chemist who tries to belittle you like you are part of an 'uneducated cult of sheep being led to slaughter' for wanting to try SkinBios CPs - (like some know it all big shot) – that would definitely be an absolute NO!

The biggest question in my mind regarding your friends hubby is that he was way too aggressive about attacking & way too nonchalant about looking into the real chemistry of how 2nd gen CPs are formulated, spouting-off like a desperate competitor or something?

We are not all 'stepford wives stupid'!...

Other than that, start mild, go slow & it all depends on what you are trying to achieve with your skin. Scars take more aggressive methods.

Posts: 2846 | Location: Maine | Registered: 30 March 2008Report This Post
Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
How about :

-Don't dermaroll too often with longer rollers(subjective)
-Don't get HA's in your eyes

-Don't put oil on first unless you are intentionally trying to minimize CP absorption

don't leave on CPs if it still stings after a few minutes (most relevant after a peel or dermaroll).

Posts: 559 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 October 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Emily with all due respect. Your over thinking and planning too many steps ahead. Minds going in a thousand different directions making the simple complicated and intimidating. Right? Smiler

Square one. Just follow the instructions and you can't go wrong:

http://store.reverseskinaging....ls.asp?ProductCode=3

http://store.reverseskinaging....s.asp?ProductCode=23

All you really need to do for now is pick one of the mild products. A P&R cream or CP serum. Apply it lightly. Enough to just barely cover the face. Once per day A.M or P.M, your choice.

My Wives total program is apply 4 drops of CP serum to her face every night period. Nothing else. No acids, no exfoliation, no Emu Oil, no supplements. It really can be that simple.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Emily may I suggest when you see something in this forum that is applicable to your situation print it out and catalogue it. I print out those I need and file them according to subject matter. And frankly, despite doing all that, I still sometimes get confused and may have to go back on the forum to ask a question that I probably already knew at one time but forgot etc. But the beauty of this gentle forum is no one minds and your questions are readily addressed. So join the club my dear.

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Maxx, I am also using Retin-A and Vitamin C. Some mix and some don't. Some need to be spaced apart. Some can be used right after each other. Some products seem to be broken down w/ the 1st gen SRCP's. Some go together but only in a particular order or else there is blockage. That is the kinda stuff I am talking about. I want to use all the products for the collagen rebuilding process. I am also dermarolling so that adds another dimension. I actually started doing what Patrice just recommended, so I will just start over trying to find all my answers I THOUGHT I was cataloguing in my head until I'd read something and realize it was the opposite of what I thought I had just read. No worries. I'll figure it out. Smiler

posted Hide Post
Similar to what Patrice but I bookmark them and write my own title in the bookmark.

No, I've just noted some tentativeness and it seems the more you read the more it may be adding to the confusion Smiler

This may help:

I ) Retin A: When using Skin Biology Serums the serum goes on first and the Retin A on top.

When using Skin Biology Creams the Retin A goes on first since it may not be able to effectively penetrate the SB Creams.

They can be used at same time. Opposite ends of day or alternate days.

II) Vitamin C: Never at same time with Copper Peptides. Opposite ends of days or alternate days.

III) 1st generation Copper Peptides: The only products that contain any 1st generation are: Skin Signals Cream, Super GHK-cu Serum, Super GHK-cu Cream. Strange and most don't know this but the Copper Suntan lotion also contains some 1st generation.

IV) 1st generations can be broken down by Hydroxy Acids. So they need to be used at opposite ends of the day. The only exception washes that contain mild acids like 2% Salicylic may be used at same time of day.

V) 2nd generations conversely arn't damaged by acids. They actually interfere with the acids by raising the pH.

With stronger peels where the acid has to be neutralized. Once the acid is neutralized you can go ahead and use the Copper peptides since the acid has already done the job. Skin Biology recommends waiting no longer then 2 hours to apply the Copper Peptides. Then twice per day till the skin is fully healed.

With leave on which includes all acids sold by Skin Biology. Put the acid on then simply wait 20-30 minutes. By that time the skins natural pH has already raised the acids pH rendering it ineffective.

VI)Interactions: I am not sure if there are any interactions between 1st generation and Retin A or Vitamin C where it would damage the 1st gen but I have not read any information that states they would effect 1st gen so that may be a good question to ask.

BOTTOM LINE: IF UNSURE USE NOTHING ELSE AT THE SAME TIME OF DAY AS COPPER PEPTIDES.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted Hide Post
EPIC MAXX!

This post would be worth bookmarking or saving. It is a very good explanation of copper-peptides and their use!

And I really love this ... So simple,

quote:

Simple is always better, especially when first starting out. And if we are all as blessed as Maxx's Mrs, that may be all we ever need.

Keep Smiling
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBioTeam,

Posts: 535 | Location: SkinBioOffice | Registered: 23 December 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Maxx, what a beautiful and well-organized summary. Similar to what I had started doing but this will save me so much time. So thankful!!!

SB Team: the links did not work for some reason but thank you for responding!

posted Hide Post
Put that guy Max on the payroll. He's fantastic! I've got more of his input catalogued...

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted Hide Post
quote:
SB Team: the links did not work for some reason but thank you for responding!

Sorry Emily100 - I fixed the links. They are copied from Maxx's previous post on this thread...

Posts: 535 | Location: SkinBioOffice | Registered: 23 December 2009Report This Post