Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How much is too much Dr Pickart Login/Join

posted
Noticed recently another Dr recons that if you use too much copper it can lead too collagen breakdown....and considering that finally I can use rather heavily either cp*2 or skin signals several times per day and seemingly still get results I was wondering that perhaps I may be overdoing things...have also increased the use of lac sal...just sometimes I notice a tired look etc but overall progress is still coming and I am really grateful for this most wonderful product that I have been applying for nearly 5 years now.
Is there any harm in laying it on now especially at times when there are few social events on the calender I also dermaroll and the results over time have been spectacular so I guess the other drs comments can be taken with a grain of salt. He did say that if you can see blue in the cream there is too much copper....Gee my FACE looks blue sometimes so i thought I should ask the expert.

Posts: 29 | Location: 2yrs | Registered: 25 January 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
good question tic tac... on other forums I see so much worry and criticism on the question of what is overdoing cp's mean?
I was told by skin biology, when I asked about upgrading to a higher cp..that I could now apply my current cp serum twice a day if I wished or upgrade to a stronger cp. So I think twice a day is fine if you've built up properly. I also think the problem with uglies and such is when cp's are applied to quickly and too much too soon.

But I've never heard of anyone applying several times a day. Dunno about that one.

Posts: 30 | Location: southern u.s. | Registered: 07 December 2010Report This Post
Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
Who is this other Dr., tic tac?... Confused?... If you are referring to Todorov (SmartSkincare), no one seems to know what he is a Dr. of ??? You are correct that you should takes what he says with a grain of salt given his lack of credentials. The only info that can be found about him is that he is an advertising salesman for reviewing skincare lines. He doesn't have the foggiest clue about actual science or skin?

Those are ridiculous, naive comments this Dr. makes about CPs breaking down collagen and the blue color being an indicator that you are getting too much copper??? All SB CPs are some shade of blue. The inferior competitors (GHK) are colorless which makes them not as effective, the exact opposite of what this guy claims.

Many people who have acclimated their skin with milder products probably use CPs twice a day - I have for years. But I do NOT go heavy on the stronger CPs for any length of time. They were designed to facilitate scar removal and not really something you want to use on your face 'twice a day, everyday' unless you are in heavy combat mode. You need to be using mild & strong hydroxys to go along with this in order to breakdown & weaken the scars so they are ultimately eliminated. There is just no rushing this process.

However, strong CPs will accelerate the response, but if you don't follow through with physical & chemical abrasion to degrade the scar tissue, then any attempts with the strong guys may be futile...for scar removal anyway. I believe 2X alone can tackle deep wrinkles & expression lines, but again there is no need to go heavy or double duty.

My goal has always been to fully remodel my skin ridding it from the zillions of buried blemishes & scar fragments deep in my pores. Then after that, it is maintenance ONLY using both Skin Signals (Solution & Cream) as well as my favorite P&R Classic Cream as my CPs. Occasionally using stronger products, but only once or twice a month.

Scar removal is tough (especially blemish-related) since it is not just one or 2 scars and often wide spread & disguised in the skin...and of course, on the face... Embarrased... But the pleasant BONUS is the anti-aging side effect of softening & removing expression lines, wrinkles and sun damage that become apparent as we age with an overall tightening of the skin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 2846 | Location: Maine | Registered: 30 March 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
GHK-cu are a natural part of the Blood Plasma that decline with age.

Studies show when Blood plasma lacking in GHK-cu is applied to Young Skin it starts acting like old skin. Conversely when blood plasma high in GHK-cu is applied to old skin it starts acting like young skin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dr Pickart ...Just what I needed to hear, I,m at that stage now where I still look much better on my worst day now, than my best day 5 years ago, and considering I should be showing more age in my late 50's... I now look mid or low 30 something.....I'm also an avid flexeffect girl.
I have a nasty scar on my leg from childhood that I did a trial on and it started to break up, so I then decided to go hard on a part on my face that wouldn't go flop on me ....my nose.. used super cop *2 four times per day some dermarolling too...what a difference!!
So now on and off I lay it on my whole face...I must say I have very resulant skin...Irish background but with the spanish influence from way back..so I seem to be able to take it also I live in a sun drenched country so there is damage that I am trying to turn around.. and it seems to be forthcoming.
Stony Summer rose and Maxx thanks for your help...not too sure who he was but I just came across it buy chance ...he sells a concentrate to add to your own cream of choice ...so I guess it may have been him.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't slowing progress by being TOO keen ...I can assure you I would Never stop use of this product...just ajust it...I'm a LIFER!
Thanks once again Dr Pickart.
Tic Tac

Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
Hi tic tac,

What have you found that is good for under eye wrinkles. If you look early 30s I assume you have conquered this?

I am doing skin signals cream and two timing tightener.

What Flex Effect exercise do you do under the eyes? Do you do the one where you hold down the area under the lower eyelid then squint up?

Posts: 559 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 October 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Oskyz and others,
I do all the fe exercises for around the eyes and a few others... I have for some time now encouraged the zygo arch...(cheek bone) to increase and believe this has happened, and this alone has helped, Deb has included the new diciplin in her latest book but I was unwitingly doing this anyway and the results are very good.
I also use a dermal stamp, the little round one with short needles in the area and of course the cps...I still have a way to go the little wrinkles have kind of moved into folds and out from the eye area broader but shallower like a baloon going up...my son suddenly made a coment about my eye area the other day saying " hey your eye wrinkles are disappearing" so there you are.

Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
Hi Tic tac,

Thanks! More questions - this is my biggest challenge and I hope to learn from your success.

First, I should be clear that my under eye area is smooth but has loose skin. No visible lines but when I smile the loose skin goes into 2 folds.

1. dermarolling
How short are 'short' needles for the derma stamp for the eye area, and how often do you use them?(I currently do 1.0 m narrow roller)

2. CPs
Which cps do you use for the eye area? (I use Skin Signals Serum and Skin Signals cream)

3. Eye exercises. Do you do the one

(I have built up my cheekbones just a touch over 6 months. And although I love the more youthful, pseudo-plumper look it gives my cheeks, it hasn't pulled out that looseness. Frowner

Do you do the Flex-Effect one where you hold down the area under the eye then look up and squeeze your lower lids up to smooth out wrinkles?

Posts: 559 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 October 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
HI Oskyz,
Dermarolling...stamp the one that is round like a pen to hold.. and it is .5m...go easy if you press too hard you can blow the area and end up with a black eye. The skin is very fine in the area so play it very carefully..remember my skin for some reason is very hardy.
I do all the exercises including the pull down.
There is much more and very importaant information in Debs new programme so it may be in your interest to think about invesing in it.
When I say cheek bone I really mean BONE...that is what i have managed to build and it looks great.....all in the new programme. I usually brush my face as part of my programme and massage too.
CP's ...all depends on how things look..sometimes just super cop lotion or the signals cream, sometimes super cop 2, lac sal in the evening...after an hour some ret a.
If it all gets too much I have time off...makes sense.
Hope I've been some help
Tic Tac