Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    Looking younger on new driver's license!!!

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Looking younger on new driver's license!!! Login/Join

posted
After only 4 months using SB products - I got new Driver's license today, think last one was from about 5 years ago, anyway I look younger, much younger and better in this picture than I did in the previous picture. I use skin signals, lacsal and TTT mainly (although have other products Embarrased I also do a layered 5% salycylic, 40% Lactic once a week. I have fairly tough skin and have been seeing damage push up but can't believe overall appearance of skin. I take pics in Photo Booth on Mac and will someday post the improvement. Most noticeable is the eyelids to me, I am still amazed that magazines NEVER mention your products when they do yet another stupid article on skin care and aging.
So it is still our best kept secret. Wink Wink

Thanks to all who post so frequently on here, the information has been very helpful.

Joanna

Posts: 6 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: 20 February 2011Report This Post
Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
Hi Joanna,

Congrats!

Which Skin Signals do you use...Solutions or Cream?

Posts: 559 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 October 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful testimony. Keep it up Smiler

Skin Biology from what I can tell is a word of mouth business with very little advertizing. Not surprising the recommended "anti aging" products tend to be from those who line the publications pockets. Most of the online magazines even have links in the article to herd readers to the products online store. No conflict of interest there.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Skin Biology is often offered space in magazines or on major TV programs. But it is very expensive. The groups say they do not charge for the coverage but do require the payment of Production Costs.

Our main focus is on improving the copper peptide products and filing patent applications on possible aging-reversal methods.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dr. Pickart,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
@ Oskyz -- I use the skin signals cream.

Thanks for replying about the SB products not appearing in magazines, now I know. It is just amazing that such an effective product doesn't get more press. We are all very lucky to have found Skin Biology.

I also love the way Dr. Pickart seems to be unconcerned with all the hoopla and just concentrates on the science.

thanks again,

Posts: 6 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: 20 February 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I absolutely agree. He's not beholdin' to anyone or anything but SB. And I like his direct answers to questionable products out there that can really snow consumers. We need someone knowledgeable to keep us informed.

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
That's great Jodevlin. A picture is worth a thousand words!

Yes, that seems to be the winning anti-aging combination (SkinSignals Cream/LacSal/TTT) for those with unscarred skin.

I agree with the others & admire Dr. Pickart. Shh, but I don't want him to know that - it might go to his head... Laughing

Posts: 2846 | Location: Maine | Registered: 30 March 2008Report This Post
Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
That really does seem to be the combo for non-scarred skin. SS cream/TTT/Lacscal, plus I do think a light peel occassional does accelerate it.

So much simpler than scarred skin, which needs more ongoing refinement and observation.

What a 'miracle of medical science'.

Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
I still fumble, bumble with TTT. Could never get the hang of it. I did use it daily when I went 'cold turkey' off all CPs. But I think my skin has tightened tremendously just from using CPs.

Dr. P mentioned that you can apply it lightly under Emu or Squalane & let the oil push the DMAE deeper into the skin. Then apply a thin layer on top so the polysaccharides form the tightening seal. I think they will block other products from penetrating the skin so a very thin layer under an oil is best, otherwise the oil will just sit there, right?

I thought that DMAE had the temporary effect & the polysaccharides the long-term. But I could have that backwards?... Confused?

posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought that DMAE had the temporary effect & the polysaccharides the long-term. But I could have that backwards?

I think Dr. Pickart chose to add Pepha Tight because of its instant tightening effect, which does work. The "collagen building" effects of Pepha Tight are one of those claims from "in house studies" that have no independent verification.

Bottom line DMAE and Pepha Tight allow you to look you best but I wouldn't bet on any permanent benefits. Which none are claimed by Skin Biology.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
Thanks Maxx,

Yes, I got that a$$ backwards... Confused

I am trying to remember to use this under my jawline & the orbital part of my eyes for that extra lift as Father Time comes knocking on my door...

posted Hide Post
quote:
I think they will block other products from penetrating the skin so a very thin layer under an oil is best, otherwise the oil will just sit there, right?

I wonder if the pepha tight molecules are small enough to prevent chemical sunscreens from entering the skin?

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Kitty the DMAE penetrates the skin. The Pepha Tight does not. It stays on the surface forming a kind of shield or barrier. It would inhibit penetration.

If used in the A.M. it can be removed by just warm water for any P.M. applications.

Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
Good idea Kitty.

I was using squalene as my barrier.

Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nicekitty123:
I wonder if the pepha tight molecules are small enough to prevent chemical sunscreens from entering the skin?

I thought chemical sunscreens needed to be activated which takes place once they absorb into the skin to be truly effective? The activation taking place once it binds to the skin.

Even placing it over a moisturizer will reduce it effectiveness. Sitting on top of algae polysaccharides will probably deem it useless.

Unlike physical blockers that need to sit on the surface to work.

Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
Wow, the things I learn here. Thanks Stoney!!

posted Hide Post
stoney,
But most of these chemical sunscreens are oil and silicone based.

Does the oil and silicone in these products prevent the chemicals from binding to the skin?

The chemicals work by absorbing the sun's rays and the physical blocks work by deflecting the sun's rays. Why would the chemical need to be absorbed into the skin to absorb the rays?

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nicekitty123:
The chemicals work by absorbing the sun's rays and the physical blocks work by deflecting the sun's rays. Why would the chemical need to be absorbed into the skin to absorb the rays?

True, but the chemicals need to be activated. I don't know how or why, but I think that is how they work?

Also, waiting 20 min before applying makeup is recommended. I doubt most people do though. A double whammy... Chemicals slowly absorbing into the skin with less coverage than they think.

I found this – I am sure there is plenty more info out there on proper application of chemical SSs:
Do I need to apply moisturizer before my sunscreen?

In addition, note that a chemical sunscreen should go on clean, bare skin first and you need to give it time to be absorbed, because in order to be effective, it must interact with skin cells. On the other hand, a sunscreen with a physical block like titanium dioxide or zinc oxide can be applied last, after a serum or moisturizer.

http://www.mywomenstuff.com/20...physical-sunscreens/

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodevlin:
After only 4 months using SB products - I got new Driver's license today, think last one was from about 5 years ago, anyway I look younger, much younger and better in this picture than I did in the previous picture. I use skin signals, lacsal and TTT mainly (although have other products Embarrased I also do a layered 5% salycylic, 40% Lactic once a week. I have fairly tough skin and have been seeing damage push up but can't believe overall appearance of skin. I take pics in Photo Booth on Mac and will someday post the improvement. Most noticeable is the eyelids to me, I am still amazed that magazines NEVER mention your products when they do yet another stupid article on skin care and aging.
So it is still our best kept secret. Wink Wink

Thanks to all who post so frequently on here, the information has been very helpful.

Joanna

We could get national magazine coverage or be on high profile TV newscasts and programs, but it all has a price. I would rather spend the money on improving our products and filing patent applications.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And that is what I admire about SB and Dr. P...spend the money where it is most important. I use nothing else but SB after years of wasted product and monies believing in their advertising.

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post