Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    Two question in one, skin bleaching & facial excercises
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Two question in one, skin bleaching & facial excercises Login/Join

posted
Dr P or anyone out there can you share your expertise?

#1: I am having trouble with some obvious deep hyperpigmentation. Can I get a doc script and bleach the two areas and use super GHK at the same time? Once controlled can I then use the strongest CP to keep the hyperpigmentation from coming back? Thoughts?

#2: Neck is showing signs of aging as is the lower half of the face? What is the best facial exercise regimen or product?

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 92 | Location: U.S. | Registered: 12 September 2010Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Raine:

• SKIN BLEACHING:

We strongly recommend reconsidering the use of skin bleaching agents. At best it may only temporarily "improve" the problem, but it will never repair the true damage from within and may have other very adverse effects.

For more information, see: hyperpigmentation problems

Whether it is hyperpigmentation (where the skin is pushing out too much melanin and the area has become darker) or hypopigmentation (where the skin is pushing out too little melanin and the area has become lighter), copper-peptides can be of help in rejuvenating the skin and giving the look of a more even skin tone.

Here is a suggestion:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of TriReduction Cream (which contains a strong concentration of SRCPs that can be used very lightly once or twice a day).

PM Use:
PM - After cleansing the area, lightly apply Lactic Power 10 (a 10% hydroxy acid chemical that helps exfoliate dead skin cells). Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

For spot treating specific areas of hyperpigmentation or damage: Use Super Cop 2X - Extra Strength as a spot treatment once or twice a day. Use very lightly. Not for use around the eye area. You can add a sample of this product free with any purchase over $50 - Click here for more information.

• Investing in a microdermabrasion cloth or skin scrub to effectively increase the skin cell turnover rate has helped many of our clients to see even better results from the SRCPs work on the skin. Remember to use all methods of exfoliation in a gentle way so as not to cause excessive irritation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• BEST PRODUCT FOR NECK AREA:

You could either use a light amount of Skin Signals Cream (a copper peptide formula combined with peptides from enzymatically hydrolyzed elastin and collagen). Or the milder BND Cream is a great product for the neck!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I do flex effect and cant recommend it strongly enough!!!

Posts: 21 | Location: california | Registered: 31 July 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, just looked up the FlexEffect and it is $120. Can I find it cheaper?

posted Hide Post
no, it is worth every stinkn' penny IF and only IF you commit to it fully. If you plan to dabble, just get a cheaper excersize program.

posted Hide Post
What are some of the exercises on the dvd. Can you describe what they target and how long one has to do them daily or multiple times daily?

posted Hide Post
Raine,

If you are still considering using a bleach cream with hydroquinone, Dr Pickart informed me in an email that hydroquinone binds copper so don't use the HQ product and cp at the same time.

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
you can find some on youtube under flexeffect. but they warn against spot treating which is what I used to do. I committed to the program 3 months ago and have received a lot of compliments (though people cant quite put their finger on it..).

Not that spot treating and isotonic excersizes can't give you some improvement, but flexeffect is like setting the clock back for me.

If you are just trying to get your feet wet try yoga face. Its a book, and its better than nothing.

Now if I could only get cp's to work for me.

posted Hide Post
pink,

I was trying to find out basically how many exercises are suggested and what part of the face they are suppose to target.

So are you saying you have to do several all the time and they have to be done in some type of order to improve the overall look of the face?

kitty,

Thank you for the info.

posted Hide Post
There are 30 excersizes that you do 5 days a week. you can do the 12 min version or the 22 min version. They say that muscles and skin all impact each other, so spot treating is not that effective. I have to say that doing the complete program has given me better results than spot treating. One you get your desired results you have to do the program less frequently. HTH

posted Hide Post
Pink,

Yes, your explanation helps tremendously! Smiler Thank you for your time and the information. Raine

posted Hide Post
Pink,

I ordered my flexeffect today! Smiler

posted Hide Post
Pink,

Due to some unforunate circumstances I was unable to preview my flexeffect DVD and review book until today. I was soooooooooooooooo disappointed. The exercises involve a lot of tugging, pulling and stretching that seems so stressful on the skin. Also, in my opinion, putting your fingers in your month (for some exercises) and then rubbing the outside of the skin in following excercises seems so unsanitary. The number of excercises also seems unrealistic to do daily. I want to send the program back before I even start. Frowner I cannot image this being a doable situation for me or good for the skin. Thoughts?

posted Hide Post
Raine, Tom Hagerty has a 5-exercise program that is doable and doesn't ask you to do anything you may find scary. Perhaps you could check it out. Tom is in his 70's and his neck looks pretty good as does his face. I believe the most important thing is proper form. Please read the entire website so you can get tips (like making sure your face isn't dry)...and commit to it.

I have friends who didn't want to invest in any program without knowing if it would work, but after doing Tom's program and seeing changes, they were inspired to invest in a more comprehensive program.

This is the website to Tom's program: www.shapeyourface.com

Posts: 98 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 08 February 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Raine

You were disappointed? Did you try them out.

I know what you mean though re unsanitary but I’m a former nurse and am so anal when it comes to hygiene that my hubby and kids used to laugh at me fretting, but I love the flexeffect exercises. I don’t know how old you are, but I didn’t start facial exercises till I was in my 50’s, and almost all of the good programs nowadays have exercises in which you place your thumb into your mouth etc.

While I know what you mean re the stretching and pulling on skin, as I too was once very afraid of it, I can honestly say that had I had access to this information in my youth, I’m sure I could have avoided many of the issues that I have gone through in my early 40s and 50’s. I’m over 60 now, and flexeffect is one of my favourite programs because it delivers the most. You might want to pop along to the forum and speak with the trainers there Cathy is a doll and she’s very helpful. They usually suggest not starting out with everything, and they may be able to come up with a plan for you.

The only thing I would also say to you, is that I do other exercises from programs as well as flexeffects and I rarely if ever spend longer than 20 minutes a day. I think I’ve used every program out there at some point during the last 10 years, and flexeffect is the one that I always return to. The bone stuff and skin stuff is out of this world. I did ask Dr P’s opinion about the skin remodelling technique they’ve got, as I wanted to see if he thought it was indeed possible to remodel the skin but he’s not responded yet, but I’m very curious to his opinion on that for sure.

I think like most things its as doable or undoable as you want to make it, but I can honestly say since being aggressive with my skin, its never looked so good!

Best wishes

Theresa

Posts: 78 | Location: England | Registered: 16 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Raine I agree iwth nnie..I, too, was turned off on flexeffect and put it on the shelf, the stretching etc., was too much. I did get tom's and for the 25 was much more realistic and doable. And I feel it has helped. I'm tom's age too. Comments I get are all favorable as to how 'young' I look for a 70-er.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi! First of all i want to ask u why u want to become fair. I know in todays world people give more importance to fairness. But god has given only two colours black & white. You know i am also not so fair . But my father told me that lord krishna was also not so fair but then also peoples love him. Forget all u must be thinking that who is she giving me lecture. So sorry for giving u this big lecture. Do one think take some besan in a bowl and then add little turmeric in it, gulab jal, lemon juice and mixed it well. And then apply on your face. And when it will dried out wash it with water. One think more if u have oily skin then add malai in that mixture and if your skin is dried then add only milk. And see the change in few months. All the best.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: 24 October 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I did Flex effects for 6 months and saw great changes. Especially in my eyes and neck. You do have to commit to the program, but once you learn them and practice a while, you can knock them out in about 20 minutes, with the TV on in addition to watching the exercises on your computer/ in a mirror.
As to the bleaching, hydroquinone 4% can be obtained from a dermatologist, but you shouldn't use it more than a few months due to its toxicity.
Be sure you are using a good Vitamin C product properly too. that will help pigmentation problems. And use sunscreen every morning without fail.
Good luck!

Posts: 39 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 04 February 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am committed to the Flex Effect program and I will provide an update in the near future.

I also want to stay away from the toxic Obagi/hydroquinone products for now.

Lalique thank you, sounds like you really know your stuff. Smiler

PeterLoung,

I do not want to become fair skinned, I already am. Smiler

posted Hide Post
sorry i havent been on this site for a while...it may seem strange and counter intuitive but they work for me, and my mom. i experienced stress on my face particularly my eyes for the first 2 weeks ( i am very agressive) but I have been doing them now for 6 months and improvements keep coming. i have people tell me all the time i look like i am in my twenties. i am nearly 40. The exercises may seem yucky and bad for your skin, but they work.