Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    Can Liquid Nitrogen Cause Permanent Damage?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Can Liquid Nitrogen Cause Permanent Damage? Login/Join

posted
I've had a few solar brown spots frozen off with liquid nitrogen and was happy with the results. However, I was reading the forum archives and notice that there is a possibility of permanent damage to the skin (hair follicle) with the use of lasers and I am wondering if this risk would also apply to liquid nitrogen?

Posts: 143 | Location: ny | Registered: 17 September 2004Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Both liquid nitrogen an lasers work well unless overused. Too often the procedures are repeated.

I talked to one relatively young woman who had 60 laser facial resurfacing procedures and her skin became chronically irritated and inflamed.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post