Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Under skin bumps Login/Join

posted
Dear Skin Biology,

I have many under skin bumps of different sizes scattered in the lower part of my face, especially on both sides of my chin and lower jowls. They stay there for ages.. do not seem like clogged pores.. maybe hormonal factors.. do you have any suggestions on how to treat them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 78 | Location: Milan | Registered: 15 February 2011Report This Post
Picture of amirpana
posted Hide Post
Hi altomiro7127,

I suggest you to find out a proffessional who uses tattomachine(Dry tattooing) on them. Then treat them daily with cp's.

Hard nodular bumps are very difficult to treat them with chemical peel. You need strong needling to break them.

Posts: 305 | Location: U.A.E | Registered: 09 January 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Amirpana,
I never heard about this dry tattooing.. I have to see whether is available in Italy.. What is the reason behind this hard bumps?

posted Hide Post
altomiro,

I have a problem similar to yours, except the bumps are on my forehead. I have had them for 10 years and they are very difficult to get rid of. Not even accutane or retin-a has been able to get rid of them.

It is possible that the bumps are walled-off pimples. The encapsulation prevents the immune system from clearing them up and also prevents most topicals from breaking them up.

Leave on acids and cp have not helped.

I have also used rolling followed by ebay strength lactic or salicylic acid peels. That helped some, but left my skin very inflamed, dry and dull.

I have also tried needling them, but that did not get rid of them.

The only thing that is helping is a glycolic acid peel that I got from ebay. The pH of the peel is 0.83, so it is much stronger than typical ebay peels.

I have been using the glycolic acid since April; some of my bumps have surfaced and erupted, and some are actually shrinking under the skin. So far this glycolic acid peel has been the most helpful. If progress continues, I should be rid of the bumps by December.

Needling and deep peels together are probably the best way to get rid of them. I don't think you have to use a tattoo needle. A short lancet or the needles from owndoc.com may be better. You don't want to scar your skin.

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi: The process of dry needling is called multitrepannic actuation and before going in with a dry needle, you must make sure of your depth and integrity of the client's skin. Choosing the correct-sized needle is very important. Before you let a tattoo person do this service ask if they have done this before and how do they determine what size needle to use. The size would be determined upon a skin evaluation.

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your advices.

@nicekitty123: mine are not so old. I am just prone to those kind of bumps that rather than having a normal process resulting in erupting, stay long time under the skin. I have sensitive skin wit some couperose on the cheeks and I do fear using it on my skin.. maybe a simple needling may help in my case.
@patrice: thanks for explaining what dry needling is. I think it would be too harsh to my skin.