Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Could use some prayer. Login/Join

posted
I was hesitant to post but I think of many on the forum as friends who I will probably just never meet. Need some prayer for my Wife's dad.

He was working near Waco Texas and involved in a Carjacking and shot 5 times from a fugitive on the run.

Monday night when we got the call we really did not expect him to survive.

Absolutely Gods hand involved. Shot in the Abdomen, leg twice, arm and hip with bullets passing completely through the body. Got the call today that they anticipate full recovery with no permanent injuries.

Prayer for him, his spouse and my Mrs.s who is down in Texas with him would be appreciated.

He was moved out of ICU this afternoon so needless to say we are all in good spirits. Lots of rehab ahead. Still an enormous weight lifted.

I've been able to keep up with calls from the Family and internet news reports out of Waco.

They did apprehend the man responsible. Age 44 no criminal record. Got involved in drugs and his life just spiraled downward. I'm sure his family could use some prayer too.

Thanks Maxx

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted Hide Post
Oh Maxx .... so sorry your Father-in-Law had to endure so much. What a blessing to have him still here after all that. Father's are so hard to live without. I'm relieved your wife doesn't have to do that right now.

You are all in my prayers. Tell your wife to give her Daddy an extra kiss for me....

Remember ... "Keep Smiling"
~The skin Bio Team

Posts: 535 | Location: SkinBioOffice | Registered: 23 December 2009Report This Post
Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
I am with you Maxx... Smiler... My best to your wife & her family.

The good news is that he made this far, that is truly AMAZING!

Life is too short & sometimes we take it all for granted. But the reality is that is quite fragile. Treat everyday as if it was your last, no matter how tough it may seem.

Wishing your FIL a full recovery from his trauma. Nonetheless, he will be in good hands both physically & spiritually knowing how you handle things.

Merry Christmas Maxx! Smiler

Posts: 2846 | Location: Maine | Registered: 30 March 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Maxx,
I wish the best to you and your wife and her family. I am glad your father-in-law will survive. I went through a difficult time a few years ago when a member of my own family was shot by a teenager, a total stranger. The doctors did not expect him to make it, but he did. Life is precious. God bless.

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Maxx,

I am very sorry to hear the horrible news that your father-in-law was injured. However, I am happy to hear he is improving. My prayers are with all of you and especially with your father-in-law. I know God is with all of you and he will give you the strength and guidance to see you through this difficult time.

Your friend,
Raine

Posts: 92 | Location: U.S. | Registered: 12 September 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Max I am so sorry for this to have happened to your dear father-in-law and the deep sorrow you and your wife must be going through as well. Praise God that he was spared which has to be a miracle considering how many times he was shot and to the depth of each. Surely his time had not come and so perhaps the Lord has spared him for a reason. What strikes me also is the compassion you also shared for the perpetrator's family. You are a very caring individual and I will be praying faithfully for you, your wife and your dear father-in-law.

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
Picture of oskyz
posted Hide Post
Definitely the hand of God, wow, cannot believe all the bullets passed through!

My thoughts and prayers are with your wife's family and all involved. It's gracious of you to include the shooter, so a prayer for him also.

Posts: 559 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 October 2009Report This Post
Picture of John
posted Hide Post
Maxx,
I am very sorry to hear of this terrible attack on your father-in-law. I am VERY glad, however, to read that he is expected to make a full recovery.

I am sending you and your wife and your entire family all my good thoughts and wishes and I promise to say a prayer for your wife's dad as soon as I finish this post.

God Bless all of you.

John

Posts: 313 | Location: USA | Registered: 19 February 2005Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
We wish the best for your Father-in-Law and will pray for his recovery.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for your support.

He is doing amazingly well. Yesterday he walked 14 feet unassisted with a walker. 5 days after the who incident. Possible discharge home next week.

Don't have much time but again thank you very much. Hopefully be back on the board in a few days.

BW Maxx

posted Hide Post
WONDERFUL news Maxx! Thank you for the update.

posted Hide Post
Max thank you so much for the update. It is always great to see prayers answered. Keep us posted on your father-in-law. Let him know he has many friends he has never met who are praying for him still.

posted Hide Post
Thank you Raine and Patrice Smiler He is to be discharged today or tomorrow. Haven't received a phone call yet today so not sure.

My wife who is a Nurse Practitioner will be flying with him back to Nashville to make sure there are no problems during the flight.

The little town it happened in 18 miles south of Waco has been wonderful. He has had daily visits from the locals, pastors and police officers to check on his condition and to wish him well.

One bright spot there is a Texas Crime Victims fund. The local state representative sent a rep from the organization to the Hospital Monday. They will recomp for hospital bills, lost wages etc for up to $75,000.

Thanks

posted Hide Post
Here is a follow up with my Wife's Dad on a TV interview out of Nashville. Interview exactly 2 weeks to the day after the shooting:

He said he thought the man was kidding when he asked for his keys. Turned and then heard the click of the gun.

And this is my beautiful Mrs. age 46 and my beautiful daughter age 24 Smiler Its at a Christmas Charity fashion show in Louisville that my Daughter and 5 other models were chosen to participate in.

Mrs. has no makup except something called a bronzer on the cheekbones no foundation. Daughter is themed as "punk rock geisha".

Must log in to see picture for forum members only Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting Maxx...What an incredible story!

Your Father-In-Law is an amazing person to have come this far in only 2 weeks both physically & mentally. He looks terrific & is undoubtedly a very strong willed, positive & courageous man who is in very goods hands.

He is very fortunate to have you & your wife & daughter to help him through this incredibly difficult time...Wishing him a full recovery & a long happy life - nothing but the best for ALL of you this New Year!

Great pic of the girls!

Posts: 2846 | Location: Maine | Registered: 30 March 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link on your FIL. He looks and sounds like he comes from my generation for we both know where our 'strength' comes from..trusting in God almighty. FIL is in good hands and he moved me with his gentleness and meek manner offering forgiveness of his tormentor. What a guy!

And NOW your wife and daughter. Frankly with no offense to your daughter, but I thought your wife was the daughter and vice versa till I read the rest of your post. What an absolutely gorgeous gal and that skin!!!!!!! Now what do you look like Max..huh?

posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the link. You are obviously a very lucky man with two beauties in your life. Great picture! Smiler

posted Hide Post
Hi Max, prayers and thoughts from this side of the pond.
I was so shocked when I read the story and I'm sorry I didn't send my wishes sooner - only just read it.
You are right, we are like a group of friends - many times I have popped in to the forum and the encouraging, positive and informative posts are so supportative - thanks to all.
You're wife and daughter look gorgeous - lucky chap!

Posts: 38 | Location: UK | Registered: 22 July 2010Report This Post
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update Maxx. What an amazing man you Father-in Law is! It is very heart warming to see his love for his family in the end of the clip. Your wife and daughter are beautiful. I am sure they are also beautiful on the inside as well.

Best of Wishes to your entire family!
~The SkinBio Team

Posts: 535 | Location: SkinBioOffice | Registered: 23 December 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much. I felt I should give a final update for everyone that had been following and praying for his recovery.

We went back down to Nashville last weekend and the improvement in the 7 days since the interview was remarkable.

I've known him actually longer then my wife. Long story but he told me to ask his daughter out. Really strange when I look back since she was only 18 and I was 28 and I don't know too many fathers that would want a 28 year old guy dating their 18 year old daughter Smiler

Patrice picture of me pending. I'm still a work in progress. Will post a picture this Spring when I'm a little further along.

The picture I posted was 3 days before the shooting incident and one of those rare occasions where she actually agreed to get in front of a camera.

She got the beauty and the brains and I got......well let me think on this awhile Smiler