Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    Copper Peptides & At-Home Non-Ablative Laser Treatments

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Copper Peptides & At-Home Non-Ablative Laser Treatments Login/Join

posted
A couple of years ago, I was given a complimentary at-home non-ablative laser device to use on my face. I used it for a month, five days a week. At the time, I was not using any of my SkinBiology copper peptides after the treatments, but I didn't notice any negative side effects. I just began using the laser again last night after taking about a year off... because I've noticed that my nasolobial folds 'smile lines' are deeper and my skin just needs a boost. I will be using the 3% GHK VIP Luxury Serum after the treatments this time around.

Today, I decided to search a little on the internet for results people have had with non-ablative laser treatments, before & after photos, etc. out of curiosity because I haven't used the laser in a while. And the reviews are VERY mixed. The one thing that I read a few times from people is that non-ablative lasers can cause fat loss in the face!? Is this true? These individuals noticed loss of fat in the cheeks, jowls, etc. which they believe has been caused by the non-ablative at-home laser treatments. Can this really happen? Also, people have noticed that there is an increase in hyper pigmentation... which, could possibly be old sun damage coming to the surface? That is just my assumption.

I turned 40 this year, and have been dermarolling with copper peptides before deciding to use the laser again, and wondering if I should ditch the laser. I really don't want to see fat loss in my cheeks. I believe that having 'apple cheeks' is very youthful in appearance. I do not want a long, gaunt face.

From what I understand about non-ablative laser treatments, they help to induce collagen production... or so that is what I have collected from the materials I have managed to find on the internet regarding the use of non-ablative lasers and the positive benefits and why people actually use them.

So... I'm here in hopes of seeing some responses from those who have used a non-ablative laser at home, have had non-ablative laser treatments professionally, or know someone who has had non-ablative laser treatments.

Any feedback, advice, suggestions about non-ablative laser experiences, results, before & after photos, etc. is much appreciated!

Thank you Smiler

Posts: 140 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 12 September 2011Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear pinkdervish:

We certainly wish you the absolute best! Please let us know how things turn out for you.

Remember, every individual's skin is different. So at times, what one reads on the internet might not give the full story.

Plus there may be a difference between a professional level laser treatment going awry and the at-home, minor treatment systems that should not run as much of a risk.

Please keep in touch!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post