Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
LEDs - frequency of use? Login/Join

posted
Can anyone point me toward a source to read up on how to determine the optimal LED light dosages and frequency?

How do I know how long and how often to use the light? The manufacturers give "recommended usage" instructions but they never explain squat. It's annoying because you don't know if they don't recommend more time because it's actually counter-productive, or if they're just assuming most people are busy and only can devote the least amount of time possible to see results.

I heard somewhere here that too much time neutralizes benefits gained in lesser amounts of time, but don't know where I can read more about the hows and whys of it...

Anyone able to enlighten me? Much appreciated!!!

Posts: 96 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 10 September 2010Report This Post
Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
Hi Kay, I have read & always used it 5 min on each side after it is warmed up a bit.

Too long is counterproductive, so they say, but who knows?

Maxx has the unit that you can do your entire face all at once. Not sure of the recommended time? - Ooooh, Maxx???... Smiler

Posts: 2846 | Location: Maine | Registered: 30 March 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi new Beagle Mom Smiler

The one I have does 17 minute cycles. The first 8 minutes are warm up time ONLY. The last 9 minutes are when the unit is actually held near the skin.

Red and Blue light will both push product deeper and Blue light is often used to control breakouts. But there is no benefit to just using the light on healthy skin. Although the manufacturers would have you believe otherwise.

But they do speed up the healing process. Post peel, post laser, post CIT or other types of wounding. About twice as fast if left skin is left to its own.

Basically they push products deeper increasing the action and speed up the healing process.

You can use twice per day at opposite ends of the day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stoney and Maxx!

Can either of you recommend a link for reliable reading?

Posts: 96 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 10 September 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All,
I have a red and a blue Baby Quasar.
I think you should follow the manufacturer's instructions with whatever you have.
My research on my devices tells me :
1) start off doing red LED every 48 hours, for 24-30 minutes. Is it just the red LED that is useful for post procedure healing? Should it be used the same day? Does anyone know?
2) The "green button" LED on the red "Q" can be used for an additional cycle on your face. It can also be used for about 20 minutes at a time on a sprain/strain area. I've had GREAT success using it on sore muscles, sprains, etc.
3) the Blue Q I only know about for clogged pores. That one I use for the 16 minutes every day I am not using the red one. My customer service rep told me not to use red and blue Q on the same day. If I have a breakout developing, I will use the Blue Q a little extra over that spot. It seems to help it.
I have also been told that the Red Q pushes products deeper into the skin, so is more helpful if used after copper peptides are applied.

Do any of you know of other application of the blue LED besides killing clogged pores. If so, please let me know. Also, Let me know which brands of the devices you are using and how you like them. I am sure that being in front of a screen is more relaxing than having to move my little device all around, but I can put up with that for some results.
HTH. And yes, I DID feel that Quasar could have told us so much more about these devices.

Posts: 39 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 04 February 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot to say that once I used my red LED with Replenix "Power of Three" serum, and that gave a very nice result. I think the "three" ingredients are green tea, resveratrol and caffeine.
I have also used the red LED with the copper peptide/hyaluronic serum that comes with the red Q, and with GHK serum.
I am curious to know which products you use yours with.
I wondered if the darker green colored CPs like CP serum and Skin Signals solution would be too dark and block the LEDs.
What has been your experience?

Posts: 39 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 04 February 2011Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Some clinics use red lights with the copper peptide serums.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post