Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
acid use Login/Join

posted
Info:

rolling scar on cheek and some small hypertrophic on nose.

Skin with large pore / prone to breakouts.

I tried the LacSal cream with the routine, Super Cop x2 daily for a while but got very little result. I went on a vacation and lost all of them so I figured it's time to adjust my routine since it's obviously not working.

What method of exfol do you guys recommend and how often should I do it? I dermaroll (1.5mm) every 7-8 weeks, but my skin is extremely resilient, it's never peeled from the daily use of exfol OR dermarolling, I'm afraid I'm not shredding enough skin for CP to work.

Any recommendation would be appreciated, thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 9 | Location: Alb | Registered: 14 December 2012Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear miatoromatic:

Just a quick Q: For how long did you use the combo of LacSal Cream and Super Cop 2X?

Although with our mild leave-on hydroxy acids (LacSal Cream, Exfol, etc) clients will not experience actual "peeling", there are some suggestions we can give to help boost your results.

We would recommend carefully reviewing the following links on copper-peptides:
Fade Pores for a Fresher Look - See: http://reverseskinaging.com/pores.html
Solving Oily Skin Issues: What to Use? - See: http://reverseskinaging.com/oily.html
Addressing ANY Type of Blemish with Copper Peptides + Hydroxy Acids - See: http://reverseskinaging.com/scars.html
How to Even Out Skin Texture and Tone - See: http://reverseskinaging.com/bumpy.html

NOTE: The key to successfully reducing the appearance of blemishes is the use of a good method of exfoliation (with hydroxy acid and/or manual abrasion) + copper-peptides. Keep in mind that consistency and patience are vital.

Here is a suggestion on how you can adjust your regimen to boost your results:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of Super CP Serum (which contains a strong concentration of SRCPs that can be used very lightly once a day). This should just barely cover the face without leaving it excessively wet or damp. Be careful with using around the eye area.

For spot treating specific areas of scars and blemishes: Afterward use Super Cop 2X Extra Strength as a spot treatment once or twice a day. Use very lightly. Not for use around the eye area. Test on a small area first.

PM Use:
PM - After cleansing the area, lightly apply LacSal Cream (a 10% hydroxy acid chemical exfoliant). Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

Spot treat for evening: Afterward dab a bit of Super Cop 2X Extra Strength onto the area.

Adding a twice a day application of Super Cop 2X may help along with investing in a microdermabrasion cloth or skin scrub to effectively increase the skin cell turnover rate has helped many of our clients to see even better results from the SRCPs work on the skin. Remember to use all methods of exfoliation in a gentle way so as not to cause excessive irritation.

See the following links for other suggestions:
Tips on How to Use Copper Peptides Properly

Further Recommendations: Researching 40% lactic acid peels may be something that your skin type (not sensitive and desiring to improve appearance and texture) may benefit from.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the difference in Super CP and Super Cop aside from strength?

I used Super CP almost every day for around 6 months but saw very little result, would you recommend using Super Cop on a daily routine?

Also, I dermaroll every 8 weeks, how often should I use the 40% lactic peel?

Posts: 9 | Location: Alb | Registered: 14 December 2012Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Try alternating the copper peptides products with a hydroxy acid such as Lacsal Cream or your 40% lactic acid peel. Old and hard skin often needs to be slowly loosened to allow new skin to arise from the lower skin layers.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post