Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    Plese Help my skin looks like orange peel!

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Plese Help my skin looks like orange peel! Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I started using Lacsal and skin signals solution about 10 days ago. I was using Lacsal in the PM and skin signals solution with emu oil on top in the AM.

Since starting this new skincare regime I have experienced very tight, shiny skin that looks almost like it has been polished. It also looks very wrinkly if i move the skin around. But worst of all is the very large pores that I never had before now covering my whole face. I look like I have the skin of an orange.I am no longer able to wear any makeup as it sits in the pores and emphasizes them. Prior to using the products you could not really see any open pores other than on my nose which is and has always been congested.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have for the time being discontinued using all the products and I am hopeful with time that my pores may return to their original invisible size.

I also think now taking another look at my skin that I am going through the Uglies as the skin around my eyes feels very loose and baggy and lines have appeared at the lasonabial folds which is all making me really worried. I also have lots of dehydration lines that look muck worse across my cheeks. Oh what a mess my face is in! I'm really hoping that by stopping perhaps for a couple of weeks that my skin will sort it's self out and I will pluck up the courage to start again.

As it has become clear to me that I can't use the Lacsal very often unless I want to have orange peel skin (which I don't), I was thinking of getting a clarisonic to keep my skin clean. Has anyone tried this or any thoughts on this would be helpful?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated as my skin is currently very distressing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stayoung,

Posts: 10 | Location: UK | Registered: 28 February 2012Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear stayoung:

Thanks for posting your question - As you start our products, our page on Tips on How to Use SRCPs Properly will be invaluable.

Our products are very different from over-the-counter products and typically are much stronger. The key to success lies in applying and using them correctly.

Before we give more personalized advice, it would be nice to know what is your skin type? For what purpose did you originally purchase the products? Are you working with scars or just anti-aging concerns? etc.

When you return to use of the products (after resting your skin for a while), it will be extremely important to only use very light amount, light applications.

Many clients are accustomed to using cosmetic products more heavily on the skin and so when they apply products like LacSal Cream or Skin Signals Cream the tendency is to be a bit heavy handed.

Applications of our products should be so light that it just barely covers the area. And you may want to start by only using them every other day until your skin becomes acclimated.

Also please keep in mind that use of a biological oil such as Emu Oil on top of Skin Signals will serve to actually make it stronger.

And finally the skin around the eye area is very delicate and it is especially important in this area to use the products very lightly and start with mild products first for best results.

We'd be more than happy to walk you through this transition period and work out a customized regimen for you to get your skin back on track.

Feel free to contact us at 1-800-405-1912, contact us via email, or review the following tips:

How to Rest the Skin and When To Do It

How to Use the Products Slowly

Why Things May Look Worse Before They Look Better

How to Make Strong Products Gentler on Your Skin

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of WhatWhat
posted Hide Post
Hi Stayoung,

I did the same thing the first week. Listen to SB, go slow.

I have to say after reading the entire forum one weekend I realized this stuff is serious and really works, you just need to learn how to use it and at what speed YOUR skin can take it.

Since then my eye bags look like they have diminished, five large brown age spots appear to have disappeared and my skin is vastly better. Best of luck and read up!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 17 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: 10 March 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Skinbiology and What What for being so kind in getting back to me. It's lovely to know that there is support on hand. I read all the tips and advice pages last night, and feel I have a much better understanding of what I am dealing with using SRCP. I admit I was probably far to heavy handed and showed little respect for the potency of the products. I now realise this is a long term project and that I'll have to find the patience and commit properly to the remodelling process. The site has a wealth of information and has really helped educate me.

My skin this morning was much improved and the pores mostly look normal. The pores across the apples of my cheeks still have open pores. I think they will remain open looking as they must have also been congested and therfore stretched. They now look really clean but are more visible. I am hopeful that If I produce over time more collagen and elastin that they might fill in a bit. if not I will live with it, at least they are clean now so hopefully won't get anymore stretched.

My skin is dehydrated with dehydration lines all over. the lines are mild to moderate and I think will go. my T-zone is congested between the brows, a lot on the nose and more recently the chin. As I say I didn't really pay attention but the nose to centre of the cheek was also congested. I produce oil in these areas but it suffers with dehydration at the same time and sometimes the skin feels hard and also flakes there. I have always treated my skin as a dry skin but I guess it is more combination with more dryness and dehydration than oil production. I have bags forming under my eyes and some fine and some deeper lines also there.

I eat a Paleo diet to prevent inflamation in the body and keep my health good. I supplement with a quality mulit vitamin, co enzyme Q10, omega 3 fish oil and Vitamin c and zinc.

I don't drink enough water as I never really feel thirsty so I often forget until it's too late.

My main aim is to improve my overall skin health and decrease the lines and bags forming around my eyes. Really I'm searching for the fountain of youth! I'm 37 in July and I've worked in the skincare industry all my life. I always thought I was taking good care using the brands I sold, but after my re education last night I think all I have been doing is prematurely ageing my skin. Oh well at least I've realised now! I am committed to change and I can't argue with what science has proven so my journey to a healthier me begins now.

I am taking a break from the skinsignals solutions and the night eyes at the moment and I'm currently using the two timing tightner sample and also the emu oil that I ordered from you instead.

When I restart after Easter I will dilute the SSS and put a tiny bit of the night eyes sample over the emu oil. I'll do this every second day to begin with and take it from there. Not sure what to do about the Lacsal as it really opens my pores every time I use it. I think I might just use it once a week and do a manual exfoliation if needed in the week.

Any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I admit I was probably far to heavy handed and showed little respect for the potency of the products.

WW that is awesome testimony. Thats exactly what I did. Read and read and read. Went back 40 plus pages in the Scar reduction forum. Reading everything I could find that could possibly apply to my situation.

That was before I even tried Skin Biology and still wasn't convinced it would work and if it did probably not for me Smiler

SY no big thing your skin will recover in just a few days. Your doing exactly what you need to Oils and TTT. Almost all of us do it to begin. I started with Super CP serum and about 2 weeks in woke up to see my Grandfather staring at me in the mirror Smiler

It is a long term project. We start out thinking its a Sprint when its really a Marathon.

All those products which promise fewer lines and to take off 5 years in 14 days are as you speculate. Often just damage the skin and only plump up the skin or add moisture.

What we are doing here is rejuvenating the skin from the ground up. Most would never take the time to educate themselves or have the patience.

Over time your pores will improve and they will diminish from their original size.

Dermatologists and the skin care industry are wrong. You can lessen the appearance of scars, Icepicks and greatly decrease the look of your pores. Just 3 of the things they say is not possible Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi MAXXC,

Thanks for commenting. I was wondering how long you have been using SRCP and if you have seen great improvements. It's always good to know if it is working for somebody else!

Out of desperation to improve my skin I tried Botox last year. My youngest son who was 3 at the time told me a few days later "Mummy your eyes don't smile anymore" and that was the end of that. Much worse to have eyes that don't smile than some wrinkles!

Since then I have considered Fraxel but then I read that poor ladies story that had fraxel and it ruined her skin and her life. I think she passed away sadly (not from the Fraxel).

My worst problem is patience which I am going to have to learn. Perhaps one of life's lessons for me. :0)

posted Hide Post
quote:
"Mummy your eyes don't smile anymore" and that was the end of that. Much worse to have eyes that don't smile than some wrinkles!

LOL. Kids are great. Well not my kids, but yours sound great Smiler

I posted pictures of the lady with Fraxel who passed away. Her sister posted in the original thread on Realself and said after the Fraxel. She was virtually a self imposed shut in the last 2 years of her life.

I stated exactly December 1st 2009. Scars and normal aging issues. Started Lactic acid peels every 2-3 weeks from an Esthetician two months before I started on Skin Biology.

No question the SB was helping. By April my Esthetician was asking for before pictures so she could submit before and afters to Glymed. I didn't tell her I was using SB. Gave her some on my last peel before the Summer as a gift. Now she uses SB Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of WhatWhat
posted Hide Post
quote:
WW that is awesome testimony.

RIGHT?!! Imagine my happiness! I'm highly impressed with all these products.

Stayoung, I've been using SB products for a little over a month and the improvements are noticeable to friends and family. I'm like a walking ad now.

I do glycolic peels once a week, and needling and that seems to have hurried the results along...I too lack in patience. One of the best things is my skin is firmer, I notice this around my mouth. I really wish I'd taken before pictures.

Posts: 17 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: 10 March 2012Report This Post