Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    How does unrefined coconut oil compare to Emu & Squalane?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How does unrefined coconut oil compare to Emu & Squalane? Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted
I know Skin Biology has conducted extensive studies to find the most skin-like biological healing oils, and that the winner was Emu oil, with Squalane being a close second.

It seems I have gotten great results (or so I think) with unrefined coconut oil (cold press extra virgin). Used both alone and (more often) on top of CPs. Not sure if it is just my impression but I find unrefined coconut gives me even better results than emu or squalane. It feels great and gives me a nice glow both in the short and in the longer run. I found that refined coconut (the type that has no scent), instead, was totally different and did not give me good results at all.

My questions are:
1) Are there any results / studies about how unrefined coconut compare to Emu or Squalane? Is it a close third to Emu and Squalane?

2) Is it possible that different people's skin do better with different oils, depending on which fatty acids the skin has or is lacking?

Thank you!! Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!

Posts: 474 | Location: Eden Prairie (MN) | Registered: 07 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Rossana:

That's great that you've found what is seeming to be a great oil you can use for your CP regimen!

In fact, on our page about Biological Moisturizers mentions the following (under the "About the Condition" tab):

"Biological oils can perform well as skin moisturizers - However, may have to test several types of moisturizers to find what works best for you. A natural skin moisturizer that works well on your hands may not be acceptable on more oily skin areas of your face."

So it is possible that different individual's skin may do better with one oil compared to another. But we'll ask Dr. Pickart to comment on any comparison studies of unrefined coconut oil vs. squalane or emu oil.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of Rossana
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much!! Smiler

Posts: 474 | Location: Eden Prairie (MN) | Registered: 07 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Emu Oil is very similar to human skin oil. Our ancestors rarely washed their skin. We do and have less protective skin oil.

Squalene and Squalane are high in the skin of teenagers but declines with age. Squalane is the more stabIe of the two and works well on skin. This helps to physically make your skin more like younger skin.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
Picture of Rossana
posted Hide Post
Thank you Dr. Pickart!
Is coconut oil in any way similar to human skin oils?

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Rossana:

Here is the only comment we were able to find from Dr. Pickart regarding topical use of coconut oil...

See: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...871018116#9871018116

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post