New
Find
Notify
Tools
A question on timing Login/Join

Picture of Lydia
posted
Greetings,

I've been using Skinbiology products for over 20 years now with great results. I am now working on some of the deeper lines (nasolabial, etc) and have begun to dermaroll weekly. Prior to using the .5mm roller, I was doing a mild glycolic acid peel, which I haven't done since I've dermarolled.
I am wondering if I can do both, but am unsure as to the timing. For example, can I do both during the week, but a few days apart, or perhaps should I rotate dermarolling with the acid peel on a weekly basis? E.g Acid peel one week and then dermaroll the next?
I've searched the forum and couldn't find anything on this topic, so my apologies if it was discussed and I missed it.

My thanks in advance!

Posts: 3 | Location: WA State | Registered: 17 May 2006Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Lydia:

Great to know you are seeing some amazing results!

We agree that micro needling has taken many of our clients' results to the next level and has proven to be a great boon to at-home cosmeceutical success!

Your question is excellent and the answer depends on a person's skin sensitivity, target area of peel application, and strength percentage of the peel.

Most clients like to use the 0.5 mm roller every other week.

If your peel is mild enough that it is typically recommended for use every other week, twice a month... then yes, you could alternate: One week roll, one week use mild glycolic peel.

Of course, that would all be contingent on you not having sensitive skin and not rolling (or applying the peel) on more sensitive areas, such as the neck etc.

Remember what we always say: Less is More. Similar to derma rolling, using a peel necessitates that your skin have some "down time". And this down time is just as important as the actual treatment time (when you are micro needling or peeling). The skin needs time to sufficiently recover.

Try this and please post back an update!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of Lydia
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the response! I will follow your advice and give feedback on my results.

Posts: 3 | Location: WA State | Registered: 17 May 2006Report This Post