healthyskin.infopop.cc
fine lines criss-crossing face??

This topic can be found at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8890018252/m/2141062116

17 April 2011, 05:02 PM
nicekitty123
fine lines criss-crossing face??
quote:
That didn't add anything but I'm sure most have never seen and African Albino up close.

Maxx,
No I have never seen an African albino in person. But they look odd to me in photographs. I just don't think African features look good with pale skin, eyes and hair and I don't understand the appeal of brown skin with blond hair.
17 April 2011, 05:22 PM
MaxxC
I first saw him when I was about 19 years old at the Drag Strip when I use to race cars. Also at many University of Louisville Football and Basketball games several years later. Like I said after a few times you really just don't pay any attention.

Agreed Blonde hair and brown skin do not go well together. On the opposite end I've seen some striking blonds with very fair skin but it never seems to look right when it comes out of a bottle. My wife says she has never even considered going blonde because with her fair shin it would make her look washed out. Which is fine with my as I love her natural hair color.

Here is a good one. The Blue People of Kentucky. Instead of Pink hued skin they have blue hued skin. Almost impossible to find actual pictures because they do not like to be photographed and they live in some isolated hollows in Eastern Kentucky.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.c...oublesome_Creek.html

http://atlasobscura.com/place/troublesome-creek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MaxxC,
23 April 2011, 09:17 PM
Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by littlealgae:
Would Lactic Power 10 work any better than Exfol?

Keep in mind that salicylic works deeper into skin while the lactic works more on the surface.
19 September 2011, 12:39 PM
littlealgae
Well, shortly after I started this thread last April, I ordered some 5% Salicylic acid from Dianna Yvonne, as MaxxC suggested, and started alternating that with LacSal. I have continued to use Super CP serum.

At first, it seemed to be working really well and my skin seemed smoother. But gradually over the past few months it has gone in the opposite direction. There are many, many more crazy criss-crossing lines, and my face has taken on what I can only describe as a "ribbed" texture (besides the weird criss-crossing lines, lines all across my cheeks from one side to the other, and a bumpy roughness I can feel).

Should I back off on the acids, or should I actually start using stronger acids? Or should I just keep doing what I'm doing?
19 September 2011, 01:56 PM
Skin Biology
Dear littlealgae:

As Dr. Pickart mentioned, it is important to recognize that salicylic acid (beta hydroxy) works deeper than your standard alpha hydroxy acid.

It may be time to rest a bit from the 5% salicylic acid and let your skin "catch up with itself" as it were.

What you may be seeing with the "criss-cross lines" is buried skin damage finally coming up to the fore, but it is best to deal with this slowly.

But if your skin texture has changed and has become more bumpy, it is best to return to a slower method of skin rejuvenating that will allow you to deal with repairing the damage as it is pushed up and not have it surface so quickly.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
19 September 2011, 03:46 PM
MaxxC
Yes back down and let everything catchup. As stated earlier the 5% DY Sal is much stronger then the 2% Skin Biology Salicylic.

Salicylic is multiple times stronger then Lactic or Glycolic. A 5% Sal at 1.9pH figure it being about the same as a 20% Glycolic or Lactic at the same pH.

I would rest everything from all acids including the SB acids. Let everything catchup. Then start back slow. Maybe once every 7-10 days with the 5% DY.

Skin Biology of course if right. The lines we see on the face are only the tip of the Iceberg. As they surface, which we want, they will become more noticeable. Part of the "uglies" and part of the process for total resolution.

So your doing fine. Just need to rest awhile from the exfoliation and let the CP's catchup Smiler
19 September 2011, 07:18 PM
stoney
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
Skin Biology of course if right. The lines we see on the face are only the tip of the Iceberg. As they surface, which we want, they will become more noticeable. Part of the "uglies" and part of the process for total resolution.

Yes Littleagae, this is very true - "the tip the iceberg" and good advice from both SB & Maxx.

My suggesstion would be to back off Super CP Serum. That is the culprit which is pushing damage up too fast. I made that mistake myself in the beginning thinking that going milder was like going backwards, not so. Quite the opposite as alternating mild & strong produts is what pushes you ahead.

Go back to P&R Cream which will help with the rebuilding & stop the pushing up. Once things smooth out, then introduce Super CP Serum once or twice a week if you feel you need to futher remodel, otherwise P&R and CP Serum is probably all you need to maintain your skin.
19 September 2011, 08:13 PM
MaxxC
quote:
My suggesstion would be to back off Super CP Serum. That is the culprit which is pushing damage up too fast. I made that mistake myself in the beginning thinking that going milder was like going backwards, not so. Quite the opposite as alternating mild & strong produts is what pushes you ahead.

Great point Smiler You don't really want to use the strong products: Super CP, Trireduction, Super Cop and Super Cop 2X without the benefit of acids. Damage can get pushed up rapidly and with acids off the table, no real way to remove the damage emerging.

In the Summer when I am in back off mode. I don't use anything stronger then the 5% Sal once every couple of weeks. During that time I only use the mild products. Skin still heals and improves but the damage comes up at a much slower more manageable pace.
24 September 2011, 12:32 PM
littlealgae
Thanks MaxxC, stoney and Skin Biology. Sounds like a plan!
07 October 2011, 07:04 AM
littlealgae
Since the past post, and since backing off of acids and strong CPs (I've been using P&R), there's been a mysterious new development: I woke up yesterday morning to rather pronounced crow's feet on each eye, where there were not any sign of crow's feet before. Oh dear, I am starting to feel like I cannot win...any hope that this is just a temporary effect? Should I stay the course?
08 October 2011, 09:37 AM
Erika
Hi, despite what anyone says regarding Retin-A, that is what has given me the beautiful skin I have today and I am 63 years old. I used at age 25 and it removed the beginnings of some lines that did not surface again until I was 60. I have found that if I stop it, my skin reverts as it is the constant exfoliation that keeps it nice. Glycolic acid peels at the age of 50 did more to damage my skin than anything else. I am back to using Retin-A .1 about 5 nights a week with an occasional night off. I've been told by dermatologists that my skin is 10 years younger than my age. You have to put up with an adjustment period and times when your skin exfoliates a lot but it's worth it.
09 October 2011, 01:02 PM
Dr. Pickart
Always stick to whatever works for yourself.