New
Find
Notify
Tools
Get to Know Each Other Login/Join

Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Report This Post  
Dear Clients & Visitors:

As of JUNE 2015, we have 4671 Registered Members (!) and we are growing!

We welcome you to the Skin Biology Chat Forum/ Message Board where you can learn how others have successfully used SRCP products and what has been working for them.

We remind all to please keep the comments cordial and respectful as we are here to share experiences and respect others opinions.

In this section you may feel free to tell others about yourself and your goals in leading a healthy life and having healthy skin!

Best Wishes & We hope you enjoy this new section.
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Dave
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I'm 48 and am married with four children, one who lives in NY, one in college, and two in high school. I have a Ph.D. in philosophy, emphasis on political theory and ethics, and have published in peer reviewed journals, but that was a while ago. I taught for a few years at Rutgers and Calvin College. Currently I run a small computer game company (MVP Software). We develop classic and card games, as well as some educational games for children. I also do estate planning (trusts, etc.) work on a contract basis for MI-based clients of a company located in TX.

I like classic cars and have two VW Beetles and two Nash Metropolitans in various states of restoration. I also raise tropical fish and hope to finish my 2500 gallon outdoor pond this spring. My wife teaches 5th grade. We both enjoy singing and are members of the Calvin Oratorio Society, which performs Handel's Messiah every year as well as another major work in the spring. Last spring we performed my favorite choral work of all, Mendelssohn's Elijah, and currently we are practicing lesser known works by Parry and Vaughn Williams, as well as a newer work by a Philippine composer. Our performance of this work will be its American premiere.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave,

-------------------------------------
A song don't have much meaning when it don't have nothin' to say, what she could do was magic son, all I could do was play. -- Harry Chapin
I am 47 years old and live in the rural area of small city in British Columbia, Canada on 5 acres. I am married (recently) to my soul mate after having previously been married to the wrong person for 7 years. I now have the love of my life and three wonderful step-daughters, one of whom is 20 and living an hour away from us, and two, 15 and 13 who live with us full time. I never had my own children but love these girls like my own.

I was always involved in the legal profession, being a paralegal for many years, and have my own process serving company which has been in existence for almost 9 years. My web page is www.ryteon.com.

I have 5 horses and enjoy the sport of endurance horse racing which is a cross country event over 50 - 100 miles. My top endurance horse and I achieved the BC Endurance Championship for the Province in 1999 in the 50 mile division.

Dave, I was interested to read about your car collection. My husband would drool! He has been restoring an immaculate 1965 Buick Riviera and we recently purchased a 1976 Mercedes 450SL for the same purpose.

I try to eat well and exercise regularly, without going over the top, oh, and of course, taking care of my skin! I also appreciate drinking good wine moderately and generally enjoy life!

KathyC

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KathyC,
Picture of Dave
Kathy, I am envious of your location. There's nothing wrong with west Michigan, but BC is special, maybe the best area in North America. My wife is from Mt. Vernon, WA, and we spent part of our honeymoon in Vancouver. We love Puget Sound; I especially enjoy the indigenous aquatic life there, and of course we love the mountains. She could see Mt. Baker from her living room window growing up. I think Vancouver is perhaps the most beautiful city in North America. We were fortunate to visit Vancouver again last year. Through my work, we received a free trip, and it happened to be to Vancouver, and it happened to include the day of our anniversary, our 25th. That was the first time we were back to Vancouver since our honeymoon, so it was very special.

I wish I had a better picture of my '57 Met. The picture is degraded to load fast on a website for those still using a dialup connection, and when it is resized to be larger, like this forum automatically did, it looks terrible. You can see better pictures here: http://www.mvpsoft.com/nash.html

I have done quite a bit of work on the car since these pictures were taken, including new paint that is a bit more correct to the original, especially around the grille, where it is now white.

I would love a 450SL Mercedes. That is an awesome car, especially the ones from the mid-70's. We saw one in a parking lot the other day, and my wife asked what it was. I told her it was the one Mercedes model I would love to own some day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave,

A song don't have much meaning when it don't have nothin' to say, what she could do was magic son, all I could do was play. -- Harry Chapin
Hey Dave, yes we are fortunate to live in beautiful BC. I was born here so don't know what it's like to live anywhere else! We are about 4 hours east of Vancouver (250 miles) in the Sunny Okanagan Valley. Hot dry summers, mild winters. Can't beat that I guess.

I have to clarily that my husband's Buick Riviera is a 1965 (the last year with the hooded headlights). He couldn't believe I screwed up the year - LOL! I'll have to see if I can edit my last post.

I checked out the website, great looking cars! My sister-in-law wanted to buy a Metropolitan but has since decided to buy the new Smart car. Eeker

Nice chatting with you! Smiler
Picture of Kathrynn
Hi
Kathrynn here. I live on the Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia. I originally came from Sydney but wouldn't leave the beautiful coast for millions.
I'm in my early forties with two teenage children, several pets and a very patient husband.
I'm a librarian and enjoy painting, sculpting, reading, and watching Japanese films.
My daughter and I are volunteer wildlife rescue workers. ( we only deal with birds and small reptiles... no snakes) Even though I'm wearing a sneer in my photo ( too many wines at xmas) I'm a very happy calm person.
Yep I think thats about it
Cheers
Picture of Dave
Thanks, now I see how to delete messages. I still prefer the phpBB software we use at my www.philliesphans.com site, though.

Picture of Kathrynn
I'm one of those people. I shall try to put the email notification on. No wonder I miss out on so many things. And I thought it was because I was a queenslander Smiler
Picture of Kathrynn
Thanks Deb will give it a try. Would love to swap with you for a day just to cool off Smiler
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Debbie and All:

We will try to fix the issues with the software to make the forum here more 'user-friendly'.

Thank you,
-Skin Bio Team
Hey, everyone.

I've just created my account today after browsing the forum for a couple of weeks, and I hope to get my order in the coming month. After reading over most of the posts it's hard to get a sense of what to use... lots of different opionions on acid and copper peptide strengths... possible burns, broken capillaries, healing broken capillaries.

After having used a product by another company I found on the internet a couple of years ago, which left me with a substancial raised scar upon my shoulder, I was a bit weary about ordering off the net again... but everyone seems to have only good things to say about copper peptides. Hopefully all will be well.

Looking forward to talking with you all in the future!

CJ.
Thanks for the reply, Debbie.

I can't help feeling a tad bit of excitement fixing a routine together... looking over the different products and selecting what I think would be best for myself, hehe. I'm especially looking forward to the emu oil Wink