Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Magnesium Oil on skin? Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted   Report This Post  
I read that magnesium oil applied to the skin may have a number of health benefits.
I already take magnesium supplements (pills).
I was wondering what Skin Biology thinks of topical magnesium oil, if it is a good idea or not, and its possible interaction with CPs.
Thank you!!

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Try the magnesium oil. It is an actually a magnesium chloride water hydrate.

My guess it kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi on your skin.

It should not be able to displace copper from the peptides, but use the copper peptides first.

I am going to order some and try it myself.
Picture of Rossana
Thank you Dr. Pickart! I will try it and get back here to post my experience with it Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Rossana:
Thank you Dr. Pickart! I will try it and get back here to post my experience with it Smiler

so what's your experience with magnesium/salts oil?
Picture of Rossana
I placed the order for Magnesium Oil on Amazon and it got shipped but not delivered yet. So I have not tried it yet. But rest assure I will get back here to give feedback once I get it and get to try it Smiler

Picture of Dr. Pickart
Little magnesium penetrates the skin but it may affect or kill skin parasites.

One is demodex that live in parasites and can cause skin problems.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Rossana
Would it be ok to mix magnesium oil with squalane or other oils, before applying on skin? (I read it may cause itching so I was thinking of diluting it)

Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by Rossana:
Would it be ok to mix magnesium oil with squalane or other oils, before applying on skin? (I read it may cause itching so I was thinking of diluting it)

Start the mixture slowly. The oils might push more magnesium into the skin and I don't know what this would do.
Picture of Rossana
Ok! I got the magnesium oil now and I will try this tonight Smiler I will post feedback here on the amount I mix and effects. Being that my skin is sensitive and prone to itching I will start with a few drops only, mixed in squalane or coconut oil

Picture of Rossana
I finally tried the Magnesium Oil.
I mixed it with Squalane. I post at the bottom a link to a photo that shows the relative quantities (which I chose pretty much randomly).
It separates so I had to shake the bottle carefully before applying. Then I applied to the skin just after shower, from neck to ankles. I did not use CPs, only this mix.
I experienced only a very slight tingling on the chest (I suppose the skin is thinner there). But very very slight, only lasting less than a minute.
Then I had some skin irritation on my ankles, from walking in grass. On one side I had just scratched a bit and there was quite a bit of irritation there. It burned a lot in that area. The other side where I had not just scratched was very bearable instead.
I also had some irritation due to waxing the day before but that burned very little.

The whole thing is a bit drying. I usually put coconut oil or squalane on my skin since it is dry. This mix did not moisturize nearly as much as the squalane or coconut oil alone.

In the morning, the irritation around the ankles seemed to have healed similarly to when I just apply oils.

One thing that I forgot is that magnesium binds with soap. I attempted to wash my hand with regular soap after applying this and it make a sticky mess because the soap was sticking to the magnesium (and to my skin). So I had to wash it away with non-soap detergent.

I don't plan on using this every day, maybe just once a week, because I like the moisturizing effect of oils alone better than how this mixture felt. Also I will not apply again on very irritated skin because the burning was too much.
Other than that, I did not notice any other effect that I can report right now. I am not sure if this would help skin infections. I was wondering if it would help a cut heal. It would burn a lot though.

This is the photo of the bottle with the mixture:

https://s21.postimg.org/tj5tfztgn/IMG_8216.jpg

Picture of winterskisss
I use magnesium oil and have for some years at night at bedtime on my legs , it stopped my restless leg syndrome . I only need it twice a week now .

Cynthia VanVranken