Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
lifestyle Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
This question is mostly for Dr. Pickart, but I welcome anyone else's input:

I have sharply curtailed my drinking for obvious health reasons, but I also don't want my lifestyle to interfere with the cp products. How many drinks at the max do you recommend per day/week?

Thanks!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The general recommendation is two drinks per day. But there are so many emotions around drinking alcohol that one never knows what is healthful. The two best, long-term health studies in the world on health are giving some strange results about drinking.

The Framington Study found that in persons over age 65, the highest cognitive ability was in men who had six drinks daily and women who had three.

The British Civil Servants Study found the highest cognitive ability in men who had 20 drinks or more each week.

I am not recommending these levels but perhaps you must decide if you want your mind or your body.

Probably the best advice is to spread drinks out - avoid binging. And drink some water before you drink alcoholic beverages and also drink more water while you are drinking alcoholic beverages. If you are thirsty, it is very easy to drink too much, too fast.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dr. Pickart,
Very interesting studies! I'll take it easy for my body's sake. Thanks!
Picture of Annick
From my own experience, it seems that spreading out alcohol does not have a negative impact on the condition of my skin.

I drink wine, but I sip it and spread out the consumption. I also drink water with it.

It's coffee that does more of a number on my skin. I also don't drink hard liquor, soda, fruit juices, or milk.

I also enjoy tea, especially green brewed from freshly dried leaves (not bags.)
I've never tried tea directly from freshly dried leaves. Do you grow your own?
Picture of stoney
Yes, You can grow your own tea if you have a more southern type of climate. Otherwise, a greenhouse will do.

But, up North you have to watch out for the bats!