Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Nasolabial Folds Login/Join

Picture of nanakomaki
posted   Report This Post  
So...I was reading other forum talking about Nasolabial Folds...

1. There was a post that said NL folds are coming from a dietary issue, involving kind of stomach or digestive problems. My family has weak @ stomach/intestines and I have kinda huge NL folds for a while. So...I was kinda felt like that's really possible with my case.

Any opinions about this?

2. Then someone started talking about acid/alkaline food...that might help reducing the NL folds & I found Acid / Alkaline Food Chart.

Any opinions that if taking more alkaline food would help the NL folds lighter...?

3. Anyway, if the statement is true, I was planning to get dried Figs since it has biggest number of all from the chart above which would fit my lazy life style the most.

Anyone tried dried Figs before? I saw 2 kind Calmyrna Figs & Black Mission Figs available in the market...and anyone knows the difference in nutrient/taste-wise? How many should I eat a day?

4. Have anyone tried cosmetic acupuncture? If so, did you have any difference? How the procedure works?

Thank you very much!
Picture of stoney
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Yes, figs are delicious & a great snack that gives you a boost – a good source of fiber, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron & *copper*. Calimyrna Figs are delectable...all varieties good for you (fresh or dried) & all you need is 2 a day to keep the dr. away!... Big Grin

Not sure about NL folds...interesting... but eating whole alkaline foods will not only be more healthy & get your body back in sync, you will be rewarded in a multitude of other ways... & yes, it does show up on your face... Smiler
Picture of nanakomaki
Thank you Stoney! Smiler

I will try some dried figs soon...and watch the glossary store for fresh ones when become available.

There are many dr. away food that I don't know...so it is good to know. Big Grin

I mean...for the NL folds...it was originally "green smoothies" story...and I just guessed and put together as the way I understood. (So...it could be wrong. Roll Eyes )

But just by eating something alkaline food and helping my stomach/digestion system stronger, I would have a chance to decrease my lines...so it got my attention.

Thank you!
LOL was that a facial exercise forum, you know I've heard some say that the trainer there is correct, but for me I always had nl's through my teens and adult hood, and using a program this year I got rid of them and it was unintentional in that I just presumed I'd always have them.

I can't remember though if you get any advice about how to sort them.
quote:
Originally posted by nanakomaki:
So...I was reading other forum talking about Nasolabial Folds...

1. There was a post that said NL folds are coming from a dietary issue, involving kind of stomach or digestive problems. My family has weak @ stomach/intestines and I have kinda huge NL folds for a while. So...I was kinda felt like that's really possible with my case.
quote:
I always had nl's through my teens and adult hood, and using a program this year I got rid of them and it was unintentional in that I just presumed I'd always have them.

Theresamary:
What program did you use to get rid if your nasolabial folds?
Well I have to say upfront, that I’ve been doing many programs for the last 10 years, so its more than likely that during that time, I’ve built up all the muscles and so I’m not so sure its attributable to just one program, but the most recent thing that i was doing when my hubby noticed the nl’s had gone was the 3rd edition of FlexEffect. I also didn’t listen to the advice given and went straight into doing the advanced things like cross stretching which I’m convinced is what did it for me, but I think luckily because I had done so many programs before my face was ready for it. The founder of that program claims the cross stretching is a skin remodelling technique. I also have to say I never intentionally set out to get the nl’s gone, I kind of had resigned myself to always having them but at 60 years old, to see them finally vanishing, and more importantly for my hubby to notice them going was an eye opener. He casually said to me one evening, hey those lines from your nose to your mouth had gone – and I ran to the mirror to take a look and sure enough he was right.
I also forgot to mention, I started eating more protein at the time, and taking a digestive enzyme, but I'm lucky in that i live near one of the trainers and so had a face to face session with him and he really looked at my diet etc and whilst I didn't follow that advice straight away, I did follow it prior to starting the 3rd edition also, so maybe it was related to my digestion - but I didn't recall having any problems with it so I'm unsure.
Thanks for responding, Theresamary.
Picture of Rossana
Just a note, based on information that I read from different authoritative sources: the acid / alkaline food theory was proposed by Dr. Hay decades ago and today it is well know that diets based on this distinction (such as those proposing rules for food associations) are totally pointless. In any case, the human stomach is way more acid than any food we could ever eat. Once we eat whatever food, the stomach produces strong acids to digest.

If you want a healthy diet, it makes way more sense to base it on the glycemic index, inflammation properties, antioxidant contents, quality and quantity of their carbs, fats and proteins, etc. That is on proved science.

That acid alkali thing is known to be a total scam not only for wrinkles but for health in general.

Finally. I think NL folds are genetic too (unfortunately). I happened to see even teenagers with really huge NL folds (but no other wrinkles anywhere on their face).

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Rossana, thats most interesting, but I don't believe anyone here is talking about acid/alkaline?

Actually even in Nutrition, there is little science backing up a lot of things which is why there are so many different schools of thought. I've heard it argued that even the glycemic thing can differ individual to individual.

Whilst my NLs were definitely genetic, I've got rid of them without surgery (read above).
Picture of Rossana
quote:
Originally posted by Theresamary:
Rossana, thats most interesting, but I don't believe anyone here is talking about acid/alkaline?

Whilst my NLs were definitely genetic, I've got rid of them without surgery (read above).

This was mentioned in point 2. of the original post.

Yes it is awesome you could get rid of them without surgery!!! Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!