Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Best water to drink for optimal skin health? Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted   Report This Post  
This might have been discussed somewhere in the forum but I have not been able to find where.

I am a bit confused about what is the best water to drink, I have been googling around and around and it seems there are so many different opinions.
Currently I am drinking tap water filtered through a quite expensive Reverse Osmosis filter that I bought one year ago.
I am not sure it is the best though. I read on several sources that water filtered through reverse osmosis is acidic because it filters out alkaline mineral constituents of water. This produces acidic water and causes the body to pull minerals from bones and teeth to neutralize its acidity. Other sources say this is not true, that reverse osmosis is totally safe and does not cause water to be acidic.

Bottled waters have their fair share of critics too, like unfiltered tap water. What should we drink then?

Does anyone have any more precise source of information about this issue?
Thanks!

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The healthiest water to drink may be glacial water from high mountain areas. It has high levels of powdered rocks and colloidal minerals.

Many gerontologists have observed that tribes in high mountain areas, where the only drinking water is from glacial-originated streams, appear to be extraordinarily healthy. But researchers who have visited such areas say the water is nearly undrinkable.

The problem here is that there is so much hype over colloidal mineral water that one cannot separate where truth ends and hype begins.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Water is not only best thing for your skin, it is also useful for your health. water provide you
all the nessiteis that required to your body.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Rossana
quote:
Originally posted by Arvel:
Water is not only best thing for your skin, it is also useful for your health. water provide you
all the nessiteis that required to your body.

Sure water is essential. But thats another story. Here we're talking about WHAT type of water is best (I'm sure you have heard or read that there are MANY different types of water).
Also, I dont know where you heard that water provides everything your body needs but if you try living with water alone you will quickly figure yourself that you need a tad bit more than that to survive and be healthy...

Picture of SAGE262
Has anyone heard of shungite/shungite water? I came across this info while searching for devices to protect against EMFs in my home.

Check out this link to a website that gives info on it and offers several items with many uses/purposes.
http://www.shungite.com/Shugit...g%20the%20water.html

Shungite contains fullerenes. The following sentence was taken from a paragraph about fullerenes on Wikipedia which mentions melanoma skin cancer cells.

In April 2003, fullerenes were under study for potential medicinal use: binding specific antibiotics to the structure to target resistant bacteria and even target certain cancer cells such as melanoma.

Dr. Pickart, can you please give your thoughts on this very interesting bit of information concerning treating water with shungite for consumption and cleansing, and also the research conducted concerning melanoma?
Picture of Rossana
IMHO if that was really the miracle water it would be produced more widely.

Plus the website says that:
"Use of shungite water is recommended for the treatment of the following illnesses:
- Impotence
- Anemia
- Allergies
- Asthma
- Gastritis
- Dyspepsia
- Kidney diseases
- Liver diseases
- Diabetes
- Gall-bladder problems
- Immune system deterioration
- Pancreas diseases
- Common colds
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Cholecystitis
- Chronic fatigue. "

When it seems too good to be true, it usually is. Those diseases have totally different causes and are usually treated in totally different ways. The fact that a water is proposed as the supreme miracle for everything is fishy.

Plus where are the links to the independent studies that prove in a scientific way the results of that water to treat each of the above conditions? The website provides no scientific evidence for their claims.
They only provide ways to buy all kinds of souvenirs ornaments and stuff. Money money money. Zero science.

They say it is biologically active but even biologically active foods such as Kefir are not a treatment. They are a healthy food sure but they are not approved forms of treatment for any disease.

Picture of SAGE262
Just throwing it out there. Shungite contains fullerenes which are different forms of carbon. Carbons are used in filters because they absorb toxins, heavy metals, other contaminants and apparently EMFs.

If you rid your body of all those things it makes sense that some illnesses could be averted. Wikipedia mentions some scientific studies but I haven't looked into them.

I agree that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is, and that is why I am asking for Dr. Pickart's opinion.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
I am unaware of any proven medical uses of fullerenes.
This post is very useful, Thank you for sharing.
quote:
Originally posted by Rossana:
Also, I dont know where you heard that water provides everything your body needs but if you try living with water alone you will quickly figure yourself that you need a tad bit more than that to survive and be healthy...

I think it's because we can live longer going without food than going without water. Our bodies are made up of about 55%-60% water so it is very important that we remain hydrated.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The best water seems to be a high mineral water.

From http://www.cleanairpurewater.c...t_bottled_water.html

Additionally there is increasing evidence from a number of studies funded by the World Health Organization (WHO) that people who drink water containing minerals experience lower rates of disease than those who drink water with the minerals removed. (6) Of specific concern are the presence of calcium and magnesium in water. Both contribute significantly to an individual’s health. One Canadian study compares the mineral content and potential health effects of minerals in water. (7)

A friend of mine went to the Hunza valley in Pakistan to study reports of great longevity there. He said 80 years old people could run up steep hills but that the water, which came from glacial melting, was a milky color and almost un-drinkable to him.