healthyskin.infopop.cc
Can you have a skin tag on your back?

This topic can be found at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8250055903/m/6781026116

19 April 2011, 12:43 PM
broadwille
Can you have a skin tag on your back?
idk theres this thing that i thought was a mole on my back, but my mom said it was a skin tag. Can you have those on your back?

Anywho my mom said shes going to talk to the doctor about getting it removes because it annoys me :/

what exactly is a skin tag? I read something about a tumor but they only are in places like the armpit and groin it said.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: broadwille,

wille jecy
19 April 2011, 02:02 PM
MaxxC
Hi Wille. Skin Tags can grow anywhere there is skin.

Here is some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrochordon

They are totally benign. Basically just think of them as some extra skin which can be removed in just a few seconds. Nothing too it.

Usually they are numbed then just cut off or in some cases they use Liquid Nitrogen to freeze them. Minimal discomfort a very minor procedure.
19 April 2011, 04:22 PM
Skin Biology
Dear broadwille:

Skin tags are extraneous pieces of skin that protrude from the surface. In general, they are innocuous, but can be esthetically unappealing.

The key to reducing the appearance of benign skin tags is the use of a good method of exfoliation (with hydroxy acid and/or manual abrasion) + SRCPs to help initiate strong skin rejuvenation. Keep in mind that consistency and patience are vital.

Here is a regimen that has worked for many clients:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of TriReduction Cream or Super Cop Cream (which contains a strong concentration of SRCPs). This should just barely cover the area. Be careful when using around sensitive skin areas.

PM Use:
PM - After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of Lactic Power 10 (10% hydroxy acid chemical exfoliant that helps reduce the appearance of old skin cells).

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,