New
Find
Notify
Tools
Oils Login/Join

Picture of SAGE262
posted   Report This Post  
What kind of oils do you like and why?

I have tried emu, squalane, avocado, rosehip, argan and jojoba. I would also like to try evening primrose, borage, hemp and sweet almond oil.

Emu is nice and I like the ingredients SB adds to it. I like that the squalane is the thinnest and absorbs the best, and jojoba seems to be the thickest which works well with cupping. I just started using rosehip oil--it has a distinct smell and orange color to it and actually it is just like the expensive Obagi C I used to purchase.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear SAGE262:

You'll be sure to get some great responses.

We would recommend that for moisturization stick with biological oils. These provide a biological barrier that slows water loss while assisting skin rejuvenation.

The best time tested oils are Emu Oil and Squalane Oil. They have worked extremely well for many clients.

However, if you do a search for the other oils you've mentioned you'll find where Dr. Pickart may have posted his thoughts.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of SAGE262
Wow.... forget the Argan oil! I learn something new everyday. Thanks SB
Sage,
When I was younger, I used extra virgin olive oil on my body right after showering, on damp skin. I think I will start using it again because it made my skin very soft and glowing. But I think I will now use virgin instead of extra virgin olive oil to avoid the scent.
Picture of SAGE262
kitty,
I don't know why olive oil always escapes my mind! I always have it in the house except it is the XTRA virgin. Cheaper too than the same amount of other oils. Thanks!
<belredcosmetic>
Yeah...
Olive oil is the best oil..i use this oil to make vegetables.this is good for health really,i have tried it....Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
<LindaWatson>
The combination of the olive oil and coconut oil acts as the best and natural skin moisturizer.