Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Keeping the beach outside Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi everyone! I'm new here from Soutern California. Thank god summer is on the way! I couldn’t wait to hit the beach and get my tan up to speed! Actually, we just moved to the beach, but it’s been so cool, we just don’t bother venturing down there much. BUT, this weekend was soo nice! The whole family came by and it was great. But now, there is so much sand in the house, you can’t walk anywhere without feeling the gritty crinkle of sand beneath your feet. It’s driving me nuts! I’m all for walking barefoot on the beach, but sand in my house is NOT what I had bargained for. To make matters worse, my vacuum just broke down! Can anyone suggest a new one (preferably one that does the work itself??? Ha ha!)
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I can't recommend a good vacuum but will recommend that you put a basin filled with water outside the door to your house. Then before everyone comes in the house they can rinse their feet. You will be astonished how much sand comes off everyone's feet doing this.

Susan
That's a great idea, Susan! Young children may have a more difficult time with this, but still, a great idea. As for vacuums (and ones that do it themselves), have you heard of the iRobot Roomba? I saw a commercial for one the other day and am dying to try it out! It's a robot, and if it works, it could be your answer! Happy tanning! Cool
I have bought a roomba but haven't used it yet.

I'm sorting through paper work and have it scattered all over the carpet... hence, no roomba trial yet.

I will be happy to have this thing cleaning the house while I'm at work!

Susan
My friend has a roomba but I don't think it is exactly doing the job. I recommend a dyson, it doesn't do the work for you but the suction is fantastic. They really are good machines.

I love ours. Best of luck.

Kim

It's a big enough umbrella but it's always me that ends up getting wet.
Talk about beaches, what do you call a sun blazing above a beach?

A sun of a beach!
Big Grin LOL Big Grin
Picture of Zuzu's Petals
SmilerYou are priceless, Roke Smiler Smiler

Have a beautiful day.

Zuzu

On ne voit pas qu'avec le coeur