New
Find
Notify
Tools
article: 20somethings use anti-aging products Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Just saw this article on CNN.com:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/12/27/anti.aging.youth.ap/

It talks about the trend of 20somthings starting preventative skin care routines. It got me wondering... if you don't mind, how many other 20somethings are out there on this board (I'm 27)? When did you decide to start a serious skincare routine? What led you to skinbio? (I'd say we're a pretty dedicated bunch... you have to do some research before you hear about copper peptides at all, much less SkinBio, even less hang out on the SkinBio message board).
Picture of BlueEyes
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
well, im 29 now. been utilizing a skin care regimin for over a year now (skin bio itself for 5 months). i started after i severely damaged my skin using a variety of harsh products. I believe neutrogena' copper serums eventually led me to skin bio, but it may have been from one of perricones books. it would be interesting to hear the demographics here on this site.

~Brett~

"The caterpillar sheds his skin, to free the butterfly within...."
I'm 29 and just started using skinbio products. I started trying different skin care routine about a year ago when i started noticeing some lines under my eyes. After alot of money thrown out the window, I ended up on this site. I wasn't sure what to use so i bought the night eyes and squalane first because my eyes are my main problem. After spending some time reading these forums, i decided maybe night eyes was going to be too strong for my sensitive skin and ordered P&R. I will be adding DMAE to my routine after reading all the great reviews. Its all a bit confusing isn't it?! I have high hopes! Any tips would be appreciated.
Picture of BlueEyes
Good luck with everything, Kerri! Keep us updated on your progress. Thumbs UP!

~Brett~

"The caterpillar sheds his skin, to free the butterfly within...."
I am nineteen but had a nasty habit of tanning. I'm hoping to do as much as I can to have healthy skin.

I am also a recovering anorexic. The desire to take physical care of myself is a new and exciting prospect.

Thanks for your response to my first post, Brett!
<Paula>
I'm 32, but I started getting *obsessed* with skin care at 19 or 20. I used a lot of products looking for the one to take care of my oily skin and some minor breakouts, and of course, prevent wrinkles. I avoided the sun like the plague.

I started using SB products in my late 20's, but kept straying because of not seeing the miracle results on my scars and dicoloration that others did. I started on them again last year with hopes of keeping it up, but I got so busy with childcare and a lot of big life changes that I almost stopped caring for my skin at all, and it showed!

Over the last month I have become highly motivated again to have good skin, and just keep going slow and steady - the results will come eventually. And I am much more relaxed about life, it seems - I try to enjoy things in MODERATION, such as tanning. I am satisfied that I am living a more balanced life, doing the things that give me pleasure but trying not to overdo things (at least on a regular basis!) I think enjoying life and being positive is a big part of being healthy... it's my theory that doing something pleasurable but "risky" for skin/health (such as having a drink and a cigarette with an old friend sitting outside on your patio once in a blue moon) is less damaging if you totally enjoy it than if you do it with a cloud of guilt and worry hanging over you. A controversial opinion, yes, but my opinions on a lot of things in life have changed, lol.

Since starting back into taking care of my skin in the last 4 weeks, I can see positive results. I am taking a more well-rounded approach since good skin starts from the inside out. I am taking a slew of vitamins, supplements, antioxidants, etc, drinking lots of water, tea, trying to get in the 4 food groups in a more "whole food" form (fresher, whole grains, etc), but still leaving room for a splurge, walking regularly, some resistance exercise, sunshine, adequate sleep, some facial exercises, and of course, quality and low toxicity skincare products.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
<trueskin>
I am 36!! I have been obsessed w/ skin since I was 16. I started using anti-aging products since I was 26. There is a lot more information avaiable these days which is good and bad. Who do you believe?? It has become trial and error and some have proven good and some have proven bad. I think it comes down to a healthy lifestyle and trying to replace the things that diminish as we age such as supplements.