healthyskin.infopop.cc
Dr. Pickart? General Health and skin improvements>

This topic can be found at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8250055903/m/3081064346

01 November 2012, 06:58 PM
caelum
Dr. Pickart? General Health and skin improvements>
Dear Dr. Pickart,
I noticed I've been on here since January 2012 (wow sure thought it was longer!) so have been using your products since then. I went through an uglies phase. Smiler Backed off and a few months back came to a plateau where I really seen a difference. Clear skin, dark circles under eyes, gone. just a glow. I was impressed!

Now I have to admit I am likely impatient, so started out too much, backed off and made progress.
Now that I check it's not as long as I thought too. I have increased to Skin Signals some days, and some Tri Reduction once in a while.

It's mostly my eyes I really notice. I had deep wrinkling here that really improved. (didn't disappear) and some days my eyes are dark circles and other days just look tired. Now that I think about it, just dried out even.

I have some extra wrinkling on my forehead too, but have always worried more about my eyes.

I am wondering after 10 months or so, what should I be using going forward? How could I get more improvements on my eyes? And overall, and should I have a different program for eyes, and the rest of the face?
Should I back off more to GHK or Night Eyes and make myself stay with those? But maybe use Skin Signals on the rest of my face ?

And what routine should I have in evening and morning ?

I also wanted to know how my health interferes with my facial improvements. I know it must. I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance a year ago, and went gluten free. I improved somewhat but was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and really high DHEA. (and cortisol) I have improved that a little, with whole foods, good fats and just time and supplements.
I remember your talking about DHEA and would this impact my overall health and skin? What could I do to counteract this in my skin care?

For supplements I'm taking:
Omega 3, 6, 9 with Flax and Borage Oil plus, alfalfa,
4000mg Vit C (from 2000mg recently) 250magnesium x 4/day
B12 (I'm deficient)
Vit D 6000mg (very deficient too)
Iron (anemia too)
Bee Jelly
Pantothentic Acid
BComplex

I have a fairly stressful life with 3 disabled boys, and financial issues. I try but its tough. Would love any insight you have on overall health, my skin and suggestions on supplements. I am 44 and have 7 children (26 to 3) and with my disabled boys want to be here for them as long as I can.

Thank you Dr. Pickart for giving us such good products and such tremendous research and help!

Smiler
~Rita
06 December 2012, 08:10 PM
caelum
Just wondering if Dr. Pickart can answer this? I know it's a long list, and perhaps hopeless but I've seen such good results with SkinBio stuff I would hope I can see more improvements ?

Thank you for such wonderful products!

~Rita Smiler
07 December 2012, 11:50 AM
Dr. Pickart
Don't overuse the products. A light amount usually works best.

If the skin improvements slow. then stop the copper peptides for at least a week, then restart them.

The list of supplements looks good.

You might lower some of the dosages . The vitamin C and magnesium - is the 4 times daily for both? That seems high. 4000 units of vitamin D should be enough.

DHEA can block some of cortisol's stress effects. But DHEA should be limited to about 10 to 20 mgs daily.
12 December 2012, 06:07 PM
caelum
Thank you Dr. Pickart for your reply! I missed it earlier.
Okay back off when needed and just use Squalene or something okay.

Just to clarify my dosages:

My Vit C is only 3000mg per day.
(they accidentilly went on the same line)
Magnesium I seem to take 250mg x 3 per day.
(helps with the stress)

And for the DHEA I don't take any at all.
But when I had my adrenals test done they said my DHEA levels was off the chart.

I wondered how that played a part in my health good or bad? or my skin ?

Thank you Dr. Pickart! your products are just superior to anything I have ever found!

~Rita Smiler
13 December 2012, 01:35 PM
Dr. Pickart
High DHEA can produce a more oily skin. So, don't take any supplemental DHEA.
15 December 2012, 08:57 PM
caelum
What other symptoms does high DHEA give?

Just curious?
I haven't taken any DHEA at all, thankfully.

A side note: I know since being on your products, my skin is much more clear. (at 44 I still get blemishes,) but these have reduced down to nearly none now.

Thank you!
~Rita Smiler
16 December 2012, 06:45 PM
Dr. Pickart
From the Mayo Clinic..

Few side effects are reported when DHEA supplements are taken by mouth in recommended doses. Side effects may include fatigue, nasal congestion, headache, or rapid/irregular heartbeats. In women, the most common side effects are abnormal menses, emotional changes, headache, and insomnia. Individuals with a history of abnormal heart rhythms, blood clots or hypercoagulability, and those with a history of liver disease, should avoid DHEA supplements.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,