New
Find
Notify
Tools
Red Wine for Health Login/Join

Picture of stoney
posted   Report This Post  
Dr. Pickart,

I haven't drank much of anything over this past year other than green tea & water. But since I like red wine & it's supposed to be good for you in moderation, I've recently added it back with my evening meal.

I have discovered though that one glass actually knocks me out Confused & have NOW cut it in half with grape juice like when we were little kids at the "holiday table"... Big Grin...

Could everything be reverting back?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Roman Emperors were said to dilute their wine with an equal amount of water.

I was at a wine tasting recently (Seattle Wine Society). 1 ounce portions of different wines were served to people who were at seated at tables. I noticed that after they served the equivalent of one glass (5 ounces), that the volume of conversations in the room were about three times higher.

So maybe one glass is enough.
Some people I know who go to France say they can drink lots of wine over there and they don't feel bad.They say it's the sulfites they put in over here?!
Hey,Stoney!Is that what you had when you went out with your husband and you got carded and he didn't?I thought that was funny,considering he tells you,"I guess the old girl ain't what she used to be!"No,you are a new and younger girl!
Picture of stoney
Well, I made it through the "Ides of March" unlike Julius Ceasar... Confused

He must have forgotten to dilute his wine that day... Frowner...

Wonder what Wm Shakespeare thinks about that theory???... Confused?...
A friend sent me this a little while ago, and I think your find it interesting Stoney. Its about an ingredient found in red wine called Resveratrol which is supposed to help slow down the aging process - and has an interesting video (in the link attached). I'm not taking this yet, but even I found it quite interesting! Could you imagine, CPs in combination with supplements and facial exercise could be the end to unnecessary aging as we know it!

Check it out:
http://www.myrevgenetics.com/k........CFc0e3godiR1Mmg
Picture of stoney
Yes, I am sure Wm Shakespeare is still traumatized by the events of that grave day... Confused...which has possibly made him speechless, even to this day!
Picture of stoney
I am not picky, I would even settle for Hannah More's thoughts?...
Anyone for a glass of"Sovereign"?
Picture of amirpana
I think it has to do with "Trans-Resveratol"derived from red wine.We may need to consume a few liters of red wine to get the benefit in one capsule of the supplement, not to mention the high alcohol content of bottles of wine ,which is instead deterioating to one's health.