Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Facial exercises Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello, can I ask your professional opinion about using Copper peptides and doing facial exercises. The opinion out there amongst doctors and every day people is polarizing, leaving me confused about whether it is something I should invest my time in. To date I am very happy with the skin products I am using of yours.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sandra, New Zealand
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I know for me personally, I started them when I was 52, and I'm approaching the big 60 and I swear my face looks better as a result of doing them. It took a while, but I figure I'm older than most people doing them so they were bound to be slower, but the results really were dramatic for me. People were asking if I was in love, or had been on holiday!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
TheresaMary:
Do you use an exercise program or do you use a facial exercise device? Some people here use flexeffect but it takes a lot of time and I don't have a lot of time to spend on exercising just my face. I am younger than you and I want to prevent signs of aging, especially sagging in the cheek/jaw area which causes jowls and nasolabial folds. I get so many complements on my high cheekbones and "sculpted" features and I don't want to lose that chiseled look because of sagging.
Hi Nicekitty (great name by the way).

I wish I had started when I was younger, your so wise to do so before you have any of the problems us older girls have. I own about 4 or 5 programs, and they're all good. For me though, the hands down winner is FlexEffect (the recent edition). I did own the previous one which took a great deal of my time (some 50 minutes) and so I rarely did it, but this one is so much shorter. You have two workouts you can choose from, one is 12 minutes (my personal fav - so much so that when I do it I feel like I'm cheating a little) and one at 24 minutes, but you don't have to do it all in one sitting (my personal favourite as sometimes trying to squeeze 10 minutes in one sitting is impossible for me with family and all. I got to say the latest edition, with the dvd that demos everything is by far the best money I ever spent and I've been sticking with this for a while now (considering it arrived back in Feb).

I find their trainers very helpful, and as your young, you could probably find that they could tailor or make a suggestion to you about what to do if thats your primary concern, I'm sure you wouldn't have to do the whole thing (sadly my face needs it).

Theresa
quote:
Originally posted by nicekitty123:
TheresaMary:
Do you use an exercise program or do you use a facial exercise device? Some people here use flexeffect but it takes a lot of time and I don't have a lot of time to spend on exercising just my face. I am younger than you and I want to prevent signs of aging, especially sagging in the cheek/jaw area which causes jowls and nasolabial folds. I get so many complements on my high cheekbones and "sculpted" features and I don't want to lose that chiseled look because of sagging.
Thanks for the info. I will research abit more. I am yet to be totally convinced at this early stage.
quote:
e

Thanks Theresa. I think the newer version of flexeffect will fit into my busy lifestyle. Along with cp and sun protection, hopefully I won't need plastic surgery when I am your or my mother's age.

My mother retained her chiseled features and firm skin into her 50s but when she reached 60, her lower face started to sag and she has small but noticeable jowls which bother her. I think her jowls would look much worse if she did not have such good bone structure. She is afraid of plastic surgery. She is older than you. Do you think flexeffect would work for her? She has a birthday next month and maybe that would be a good birthday present for her.
Sandeebee sure I understand your concerns. By no means am I affiliated with them or anything (nor do I sell the product etc), but I was desperate when I got to my 50's as the changes happened early for me, and well it impacted my face. I could't afford surgery (but if I could it definitely was something I would have considered at the time) and thats really what got me into facial exercises. I've had everything from facial magic, to eva fraser but the one that I have kept up with most of all of them is the recent FlexEffect simply for time and effects its really the winner in my case.

Nicekitty - depends on if you think your mother will do it. Like most people, I have times when I don't have enough time to go to the toilet, but I really enjoy the time I do flex so try to fit it in whereever I can, and its really quite manageable. It takes a while to learn in the beginning, but the kit is really good so its not hard work (the dvd shows everything - which is huge improvement if you ask me).

I'm sure it might work for her, but as she is older than me, it might be just as slow in the results coming. I say slow, but I did get some small changes, but nothing dramatic till about 3 months into it. The younger girls on the forum all seemed to get major breakthroughs in 2-3 weeks, but for me it was realy 3 months, but I tell you I'm so glad I did it.
I have no idea about the facial exercise, and how
it is useful for the skin, but i hope i well get all the information with the help of this thread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,