Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Milk & skin, inflammation, etc. Login/Join

<Paula>
posted   Report This Post  
Hi, I was wondering what the thought is on milk causing break outs and just general skin health? There is a site break outs & dairy that talks about this. From my own experience, I know my red marks cleared and skin looked the most luminous when I wasn't doing any dairy. I was also on the Pill at the time, although my skin didn't look nearly as good til I had cut out the dairy for a month or so. Any thoughts anyone?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Ophelia--
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank you for posting this link. Very informative. From personal experience, I know there is a connection between diet and skin issues. It amazes me how many derms deny it.
Picture of Nataxa
I think that the only good dairy product is Kefir. I buy it in big containers and drink every evening 2 hours before I go to bed. I know it contains protein which is very important for our body renewal processes that take place during the night. Here is the abstract from the website www.kefir.net:

Kefir is a cultured, enzyme-rich food filled with friendly micro-organisms that help balance your "inner ecosystem." More nutritious and therapeutic than yogurt, it supplies complete protein, essential minerals, and valuable B vitamins.

What if I'm lactose intolerant, don't do dairy
or don't digest milk products well -
is kefir right for me?
The beneficial yeast and friendly bacteria in the kefir culture consume most of the lactose (or milk sugar). Eat kefir on an empty stomach first thing in the morning before (or for) breakfast and you'll be delighted to find it can be easily digested -- as numerous people who have been lactose intolerant for years have discovered.

I think that kefir is a good addition to a healthy nutrisious diet! Love
Picture of Dr. Pickart
There have been serious questions about pasturerized milk causing health problems for over 50 years.

Milk products with bacteria and yeast cultures may be healthier.
<LindaWatson>
posted   Report This Post  
You can get rid of blemishes only by reducing the stress, stress can be relieved by doing exercises. Coconut milk massage will keep your skin glowing.I have gone through some skin care resources on online.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,