Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Safety concerns on Fluoride in drinking waters Login/Join

Picture of amirpana
posted   Report This Post  
I have read an article from Dr mercola's website, danger of flouride. and Also at youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3y8uwtxrHo.

Any comments?!!!!. Frowner

This message has been edited. Last edited by: amirpana,
Picture of stoney
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Interesting Amirpana, This controversy has been around for a very longtime and has seemed to fade away.

I am from the outskirts of where the controversy began. When I was young and would go to visit my Country Grandma who was a European Immigrant, she would always have fresh Spring Water for drinking. She called the tap water "City Water" and that was reserved for bathing & doing the dishes. She never drank the tap water because of the fluoridation and had my uncles drive an hour to the mountains every other week to fill up jugs of clean mountain spring water. I will say this, it was the BEST tasting most refreshing H2O. My grandmother was very smart. She had no formal education and wrote phonetically, but spoke perfect English. I learned a lot for her.

My City Grandma, who was very a modern and progressive high school graduate, didn't find alarm with it at all. She couldn't understand my Country Grandmother's concern? City Grandma's water was lousy to drink. So we ate Popsicles at her house instead...lol... Big Grin

I am pretty sure that in today's modern world, people in general think nothing of the fluoridation, thinking it must be good or they would never have added it? Thankfully, some of us have our own wells.
Picture of stoney
On the flip side to the fluoride controversy, in 2001 or 2002 federal regulations on naturally occurring arsenic in water was tightened allowing a much lower amount to deem the safety of drinking well water. This has become a HUGE controversy and was fueled by water filtration system companies.

My husband, good friend heads the water dept. in a large area right outside NYC. He has provided much insight on water on the topic.

So they add Fluoride to make people think it is perfectly safe without risk, then decades later put the fear of God into people with naturally occurring arsenic levels. Yes, arsenic will poison you but not at the levels that people were drinking for decades before the regulation went into place. I guess the same holds true for Fluoride.

Hence the bottled water industry!
Picture of amirpana
you might be right, but arsenic existed in nature as pure element neither Aluminum nor Fluoride are found naturally as single elements . I think all of this being done to escape the lawsuit of 1940's scandal. Law is sometimes blind and most of the time biased.Unfortunately the vast majority of people in the world are basically too credulous . they believe any they have been told by authorities. Very Sad that's very scary Nervous Crying check this website: http://www.fluoridealert.org/50-reasons.htm
The Nazis used fluoride on their prisoners to keep them docile....the government doe sit it to keep our IQs low.

The worst offenders are black and green tea--they contain much fluoride and I always felt weaker when drinking them.