Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  GENERAL  Hop To Forums  Products that we do NOT recommend    Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Stearate,Iron Oxide - Pore Enlargement

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Stearate,Iron Oxide - Pore Enlargement Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Can you tell me if zince stearate, magnesium stearate or iron oxides cause pores to enlarge. I read on another area of your site that zinc oxides cause pore enlargement. Just investigating the general ingredients in mineral makeups that are on the market means that these ingredients, one, both or all, in addition with other ingredients, are always present. Then does this mean that all facial foundation makeups will cause enlarged pores? Any makeups on the market that does not have these ingredients? I understand that it is the oxides that give the products their color. Thanks for a wonderful site.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Women have told me that after using sunblocks with zinc oxide, their pores enlarged. This could be because the skin acids released ionic zinc from the zinc oxide. Too much ionic zinc can block the actions of copper peptides since these metals compete for the same binding groups on proteins and peptides.

So the sunblocks with Magnesium and Iron may work better.

Basically, the ionic copper is needed because the CPs do just about everything for general skin rejuvenation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
I'm also very interested to know the answer to Kathy M's questions, "Then does this mean that all facial foundation makeups will cause enlarged pores? Any makeups on the market that does not have these ingredients? "

I use Bare Escentuals mineral makeup - is this ok???
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Use a very light coating of Day Cover on your skin before the sunblock.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,