Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
silicone-based makeup primers Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Does anyone use these? It's supposed to make a thin, impermeable layer on top of the skin, preventing makeup from settling into fine lines, shallow scars (my problem), etc. I have the one by Smashbox, and while my face looks a lot smoother when I apply before foundation it looks duller the next day. Is this harmful?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Our goal is to try to rebuild skin health so that your skin is more like a child's skin.

Silicones are not naturally on skin and they block air contact with the skin's surface. The outer skin layers use some oxygen from the air and they need this to stay healthy.

One must always keep in mind that the cosmetic industry is a "quick fix" machine. They want women to look good instantly. But artificially looking good is not the same as naturally healthy beauty.

Think of the cosmetic companies as advertising agencies that sell skin and hair products.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dr. Pickart,
Picture of Summer Breeze
Looks like my makeup primer is going to get trashed today too. Weeping
Picture of stoney
Yes, Summer Breeze...those are "No No's"...

I never liked them anyway, it just seemed like my skin couldn't breath...

...so much "Hype" out there!
<Paula>
posted   Report This Post  
The only place I use a primer is on my eyes - Urban Decay Primer Potion. Without it, my eyeshadow and liner just doesn't last, but with it, it looks freshly applied til I take it off.
Picture of stoney
Hey, your back...

We'll forgive you for that... I wear eyeliner, but never eyeshadow...

...even though I have TONS of it, I am a minimalist when it comes to makeup...just can't go without my liner & masacara, otherwise I don't recognize myself!