Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
msm soap and glycerin Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi Dr. Pickart. Thank you for your reply. You said in my earlier post that msm cream is safe to use, but I just found the ingredients for the MSM cream and now I feel kinda iffy. I believe you said in one of your post that glycerin is bad because it wets your face? Glycerin is listed as the 7th ingredients and also the last two ingredients are parabens. Based on this, is this cream still good to use as a moisturizer?

Purified Water, Methylsulfonylmethane (15% MSM), Aloe Vera Gel, Stearic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Vegetable Oil, Lecithin Phospholipid, Glycerin, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol & Ceteareth-20 (Emulsifiers), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Aminomethyl Propanol (Solubilizer), Grapefruit Extract, Chamomile Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Ginseng Extract, Rosemary Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben & Propylparaben (preservatives)
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear KimLei:

We are sure Dr Pickart will post his comments on particular ingredients used in this product.

However, in the meantime you may want to carefully review our information on:
Use of Glycerin - What Is It?
Parabens - How Safe of a Compound?

If you are looking for a gentler cleanser, we might recommend Dr. Pickart's Face and Body Cleanser

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
A very high amount of glycerin is bad. But glycerin is number 8 (you have to count the water), so it should be at a low level.

The cream should be OK, but I have no idea what MSM does on the skin.

But you can take it as a supplement.