Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Benzoyl Peroxide Login/Join

posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I had quite bad breakouts from the age of 16. Until I was 18 I had tried many different treatments, but found that only BP was able to deal with my clogged pores and reduce it significantly. At the time since it was rather bad I was using BP10%.

I am 23 now, and still have to use BP to stop my skin from breaking out, but even with regular use I still get some breakouts out each day. I use BP5% as the 10% was way to harsh for my skin.

Yes I find the bleaching of clothes and bedding and towels a real nuisance too!

I also have quite clogged/congested skin, especially a lot of permanently englarged pores on my nose which seem to have permanent blackheads.

I would really like to know what alternative to BP is recommended to deal with the clogged pores causing bacteria? I wish I didn't have to use BP at all, but my skin will break out if I stop using it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear shaolinmonk23:

You'll find great information at: How to Deal with Oily, Blemish-Prone Skin Using Copper-Peptides

How to Deal with Oily Skin Issues
When dealing with blemishes, many clients have found it very helpful to use products such as Exfol Serum (2% salicylic acid) or LacSal Serum (a special 10% hydroxy acid mix of lactic and salicylic acids) applied in the evening, while using Super CP Serum lightly in the morning to initiate strong skin rejuvenation."

So instead of the benzoyl peroxide, you may experience better results using salicylic acid products such as Exfol Serum (2%) or LacSal Serum (10% - lactic/salicylic mix)

Our recommendations for client with blemish-prone skin or enlarged pores are:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of Super CP Serum (which contains a strong concentration of SRCPs that can be used very lightly once a day). This should just barely cover the area without leaving the skin excessively wet or damp. Be careful with using around the eye area, or if you have sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin: Take 1-2 drops in the palm of your hand, add 2-3 drops water and then apply to the area.

Afterward apply a very light amount of Sebum Be Gone (Oil Reduction Serum) which works well as a light splash to apply on top of copper-peptides and helps reduce excess oil production.

PM Use:
PM - After cleansing the area, apply a light amount of Exfol Cream or LacSal Serum (hydroxy acid product that helps exfoliate dead skin cells). Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

For spot treating areas of scars and blemishes: Use Super Cop 2X - Extra Strength as a spot treatment once or twice a day. Use very lightly. Test on a small area first.

Super CP Serum, Exfol Cream, LacSal Serum, and Super Cop are all available (in miniature/test sizes) in our Blemish Care Kit - This kit also works well to help improve the appearance of pores and balance out oil production.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Thank you for your advice. I recently placed an order and can't wait for it to arrive over here in the uk!

Luckily I have ordered:

19C LacSal Cream
1 $17.95 $17.95
81S Emu Oil S for Skin
1 $29.95 $29.95
24S Super CP Serum - 1 oz
1 $24.95 $24.95
29-b Lactic Power 10 (FREE Bonus with Any Purchase)
1 $0.00 $0.00
22-B Super Cop 2X - Extra Strength (Bonus)
1 $0.00 $0.00
26-B CP Night Eyes Regular (Bonus)
1 $0.00 $0.00
100-B Two Timing Tightener (Bonus)
1 $0.00 $0.00

I decided to order the LacSal cream as I thought the 8.5% lactic acid would be great for improving my overall complexion. As far as I could understand, the Exfol cream ONLY has 2% salicylic acid, and nothing else. If it also contained 8% lactic acid then I would have preferred that, as I would like a stronger salicylic acid.

Unfortunately I didn't order any Sebum Be Gone, but if I do experience great results, there are certainly many more products I want to order from your website.

I would like to ask if Sebum Be Gone and Emu Oil S for skin can be used together, or would they be counterproductive??

Many thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear shaolinmonk23:

You'll really enjoy the LacSal Cream. Salicylic acid has a number of benefits and is an excellent hyroxy acid chemical exfoliator.

Since Sebum Be Gone is to help limit excess oil, we do not recommend applying Emu Oil with it.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Today is my first day with Copper Peptides. I had read on online that many people had experienced breakouts with super cp serum, so I did use BP today.

I cleansed and toned with SA wash and SA toner. Waited for the toner to dry. Applied a thin layer of super CP serum (needed more than just 3 drops since it dries quite quickly). Waited at least half an hour and then applied BP on top.
I was going to wait half an hour until I applied emu oil, but its been like 1.5hrs since i had a visitor over.
Well I just applied the emu oil. I can see that it spreads quite well, but since I already had some dried product on my skin, it seemed like I needed to use a few drops per area on my face to sort of re-moisturise it.

I also noticed that applying a cream on top of the Super CP Serum really brings out its colour, and I had waited half an hour before doing so.
Perhaps I need to leave longer, or only use the Super CP Serum at night to avoid having my green/orange skin from being seen.

Anyway I understand that BP is not recommended, so I will do my best to try to stay clear of it, but I'm so scared that new breakouts will just cause further damage to my skin and seem to undo all the hard work...

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear shaolinmonk23:

Just a reminder as you're using copper-peptides: Be sure to use very light amounts of all of the products.

Many clients also really like to dilute the serums with water or apply on a already damp face before applying a very light amount.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
I have noticed that with continued use of copper peptides, and stronger exfoliation with salicylic acid, I have hardly had to use BP at all! Only on a few days.

Also, I understand that BP can cause buried damaged skin and lumps, but I was wondering, if I have been using methods of exfoliation since I started BP (AHAs, BHAs, facial scrubs) do you think it is unlikely that I will have much buried damage? I am 23 now, have have been using BP for around 5 years, and AHAs for around 4 or so years.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear shaolinmonk23:

Great to hear you've been doing well on your regimen.

You might be interested in reviewing our page at: Can You See Buried Skin Damage?

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of AAat39
Wow, I feel very lucky that my skin had such a severe reaction to the Oxy when I was a teen. It got all red, raw, inflamed and scaly. Ouch.