Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
body lotion ingredients Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Altho I'm using P&R body lotion and Copper Sun, I also like to alternate with a light body lotion, just for moisture, on my legs and arms.

I found one I thought was safe from Everyday Shea.

Here are the ingredients:

Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) Extract (aqueous), Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract (aqueous), Handcrafted Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) **Certified Fair Trade**, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Red Palm Oil (Elaeis guineensis), Essential Oils (scented versions only), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Ascorbic Acid

Are any of these toxic? I read that the phenoxyethanol can be toxic, but then I also read it's safe.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
It looks OK.

Phenoxyethanol is from coconut oil. Coconut oil is widely felt to have health promoting actions.
Thank you so much, Dr. Pickart!

There are sites on the internet that make it sound like it's nuclear waste, and if I use it I'll grow a third arm.
I looked at your products about ten years ago but was rather confused about the appropriate regimen. I have used for the last ten years products such as retin-A, skinceuticals, skinMedica, neocutis and other physician-sold products. I have hundreds/thousands of dollars of these products and I switch all around not knowing what really works. Your science makes sense to me but I can't justify wasting all that money. Can these products be combined with yours or would there be contraindications. Do you believe there are beneficial ingredients in these products and could I use them with yours until they are gone (and how)?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Send me the ingredients of the product and them we can make a very good estimate of how they would work together.