Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  GENERAL  Hop To Forums  Products that we do NOT recommend    Severly worried about what's safe for my skin and what's not!

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Severly worried about what's safe for my skin and what's not! Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Dear Skin Biology and Dr Pickart

I'm from the UK and I've been a customer for about 8 months. I love the products so a huge thank you, and I'm just about to place another order. Also I'm starting to get major compliments and friends asking me what I'm using. I'm going to direct them to skin biology but one or two are older and if they get the uglies then it'll be my fault so to support them and myself please can I have some guidance?

I am so worried, confused and even frightened about what I should and shouldn't use on my skin. Ideally I would like to use all skin biology products but with the unavoidable delivery time and $30 international shipping costs and other various situations, I sometimes have to rely on popping to beauty counters for undereye and specific under makeup creams etc. but then I pop into the forum and read all these various reports scattered everywhere on what we shouldn't be using and this freaks me out and worries me that I'm just reversing the improvements CPs are making! I would really appreciate some support and advice on what damage I am doing, how reversable is the damage and what's the best way help my skin to recover from using a cream containg a potentially harmful ingredient. I'll give you a couple of examples:

Undereye creams: I use SS solution now and love it (used night prem and GHK cream). But if out for the day/night and wearing makeup i need a better base so on top of SS i may use a primer or a cream made by the same cosmetic company as my undereye concealer/foundation. I get perfect flawless skin, but it's dry, wrinkled and sometimes sore that night! It's like the 1930s cold-cream disaster Dr Pickart wrote about. I then find I have to baby it like with the uglies... emu oil is too ittitating there and gets in my eyes, and I can't use CPs at this time either - even the gentliest GHK cream! Therefore, I either use an occluding burn ointment containing:
Retinyl acetate: 48 000 IU in 30 g
Vit. D2: 9 000 IU in 30 g
The ointment base is white wax, natural lanoline and white vaseline - does this look ok??? My undereye's seem to recover from it it, but the lines don't seem to be shifting very fast and the uglies take a while to get over. I've read that the ingredients stimulate TGF beta so I don't put this near any scars I'm working on but I'm thinking it should be ok. Alternatively, if the area isn't too sore then I may just use a big brand undereye cream. Actually, what I miss by switiching to Skin Biology undereye products is the moisturising that my old undereye creams gave me, and I'm I'm really unsure if I should still use them. What I could really do with is a moisuturising undereye cream from Skin Biology without any CPs in it... new product maybe??? This would be really useful as I could use CPs in the AM and this PM.

2nd scenario: Using a face cream, makeup primer and/or lifting serum, which are promoted to make skin more hydrated, under makeup. Now I suspect these are full of HA and other damaging ingredients, and as a scientist I 100% understand the dangers of wetting the outer skin surface. But I sometimes need a big injection of moisturiser/filler before applying makeup, especially if I've overdone the remodelling. They plump-out and fill in my scars and open pores, and actually give me confidence to face society. My skin is a bit dry and uneven after, but as long as I step-up the hydroxies it seems to bounce back. I always use CPs under to give some protection.

I do kind of follow the advice for models and actors when using makeup - is this right?

Ideally, it would be great if we could have a collated a list of ingredients to avoid? I do remember reading that this was something Dr Pickart intended on doing once the new website was finished... any chance of this soon please? Even just a small one of the absolute NO-NOs.

Sorry about the long post, but I'm putting all my faith in Skin Biology's products and I just don't want to get it wrong.

Kindest regards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Poppet:

Thank you for posting your questions - We are glad to hear that you've already been receiving compliments to the positive changes in your skin!

There are many different ways of using our products and this can at times be confusing because you might read what others are using and be tempted to try something similar. Or you may read what others have been using and it didn't work for them, so a person may be tempted to avoid the same issue.

Remember, each individuals skin is as different and unique as the person.

What works for one, may not necessarily work for all. And conversely, what does not work for one may work well for others.

What is important with copper-peptides is to remember to go slowly and gradually work up as needed. Contact us along the way and we will be glad to assist. To answer some of your questions:

List of Ingredients to Avoid When Trying to Repair and Remodel Your Precious Skin
For detailed information see: Damaging Cosmetic Beauty Products at http://reverseskinaging.com/industry5.html

You may also want to review: Misleading "Natural" Cosmetic Ingredients, especially the subheading "Plant Extracts Are Often Toxic to Human Skin at: http://reverseskinaging.com/industry4.html

Re: Use of waxes to moisturize the skin
Dr. Pickart mentions that you will want to be very careful using mineral oils or waxes contained in some cosmetic moisturizers. These can impede the skin's renewal progress.

The skin needs a certain amount of oxygen from the air for renewal. Waxes and paraffins and cosmetic moisturizers many times will prevent this from happening.

See his comments at: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...=516107702#516107702
"The outer skin cells take some of their oxygen directly from the air. The high level of mineral oil in baby oil will block this uptake of oxygen to the skin."

https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...560002865#7560002865
"I have never recommended cosmetic moisturizers for two reasons. First, they keep the upper skin proteins wet and this slows the flow of keratinocytes to the surface and speeds aging. The second is that they use heavy waxes and fats like mineral oil that block the air supplying oxygen to the upper skin layers which depend on some oxygen from the air. "

And we have a page dedicated to The Best Skin Care & Makeup Tips for Models and Actors at: http://reverseskinaging.com/models.html - You'll find many helpful tips!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Ahh that's new isn't it... the 'Damaging Cosmetic Beauty Products' info? Thanks Skin Biology and sorry I didn't find this before, also thank you for the quick detailed response... fantastic customer service and much appreciated.

So just to clarify if I have to use cosmetic moisturises as a base, then follow the advice for models and actors, and get it off ASAP and quickly get CPs on, to get things returning to normal?

With the occluding burn ointment containing:
Retinyl acetate: 48 000 IU in 30 g
Vit. D2: 9 000 IU in 30 g
The ointment base is white wax, natural lanoline and white vaseline, is a NO-NO really because of the wax blocking oxygen uptake? But am I OK to use it in an emergency - if my under eyes are really sore? Which would be better of the two evils - the one with wax in it or the one which keep the skin proteins wet? I really can't use CPs or emu oil when my eyes get bad, and actually have to get viscose tear drops from my doctor.

Kindest regards
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Poppet:

Yes, that's the ticket! When you're using any cosmetics be sure to repair damage by consistently using a copper-peptide.

Are we correct in understanding that you are using the "occluding burn ointment" for cosmetic purposes around the eye area? Or are you using it to take down inflammation?

If you are using it more for inflammation or "when your eyes get bad" and it is approved by your doctor for this use, then over the short term it is probably fine.

If it's mainly for cosmetic reasons that you are using it and just need a good around-the-eye-area product and can't use Emu Oil or even Super GHK-Cream, then try to really find out the reason why this area is responding with so much sensitivity.

Could you possibly alternate use of your other product with Super GHK-Cream and slowly work copper-peptides into your regimen? This may allow your skin to very gradually become accustomed to copper-peptides in this area which will ultimately produce better, healthier, and longer lasting results.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Hello Dr Pickart,
I noticed links here are no longer available? Are the documents just moved?
They are
"Misleading Natural Cosmetics Ingredients" and
"Damaging Cosmetic Beauty Products"?

I would love to see these if they are still available?
Thank you!
Caelum
Picture of Dr. Pickart
We will put that material up again in a website.

We are trying to get away from the negativity that was in much of our websites and just focus on copper peptides. So much good, new research about copper peptides is coming in that we want to stay on this topic.
oh so glad to hear that new research is coming in!

Thanks so much for the reply!
Caelum Smiler