Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Purity Firming Peptide Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I am new to this forum and just recently started using Skin Biology products. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on a product called Purity Firming Peptides. It states on their website that its major ingredients are: Matrixyl 3000, Hyaluronic Acid, etc. I am probably mailing it back to the company and getting a refund since the products I ordered through Skin Biology meet all my needs. I was just wondering if this particular product may do more harm than good.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I would not make products like that.

Hyaluronic acid wets the outer skin barrier proteins. This temporarily makes the skin look better but damages the protective skin barrier and lets more bacteria and viruses into the skin. Wetting the skin also slows the flow of replacement keratinocyes to the skin's surface, so older skin stays around longer.

Matrixyl is often compared to TGF-beta-1 in its actions. But TGF-beta-1 is the inflammatory scar forming protein. Matrixyl helps put protein into the skin but for skin rebuilding the older proteins and cells must also be removed.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank you so much for a quick reply!!! I have just recently started using your SRCPs, hydroxy acids, and that wonderful Emu Oil S. Your site is so informative. I had ordered that lotion prior to seeing your website and prior to reading about certain products like this one that only offers a very temporary fix, but injure the skin. I have been on this regimen for only a week and I can already see some changes. I cant wait to see what my skin will look like in a month!!