Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Disappointed to report that Sebum be Gone... Login/Join

Picture of John
posted   Report This Post  
...hasn't worked for me. I have been applying it twice daily for three or four weeks and my skin is as oily as ever.

Dr. Pickart, you wanted people to report their experiences with the product, so I figured I would weigh in.

I am applying 3-4 drops each time...would it help if I applied more? (Like half a teaspoon?)I even tried exfoliating my face with SA 2% FIRST...and then applying the Sebum Be Gone immediately afterward on my newly exfoliated skin, thinking my skin would be more receptive to the product, but....nothing. No change.

Does anyone know if topical green tea extract normalizes oily skin? I seem to remember reading that somewhere on the Internet, but of course now I can't find it! Smiler

I still believe that nothing but an INTERNAL approach will ever be able to normalize oily skin. Topicals just don't seem to cut it (at least for me, anyway).

Thanks-

John
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi John,
I sent you a PM.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear John:

Thanks for at least telling us how things have been working out for you.

You might try increasing the application a little bit. But it may not work for everyone.

Those for whom it has worked for have reported less sheen at the end of the day.

Have you tried the salicylic acid and CP Serum? or Super CP Serum? We've had estheticians (and clients) report that often CP Serum helps reduce excessive skin oil in the T-Zone area. Why not try it?

Keep in mind that everyone's skin is different, so what works for some may not work for all.

Please let us know how things go for you. Skin Biology Products for Oily Skin

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by John:
...hasn't worked for me. I have been applying it twice daily for three or four weeks and my skin is as oily as ever.

Dr. Pickart, you wanted people to report their experiences with the product, so I figured I would weigh in.

I am applying 3-4 drops each time...would it help if I applied more? (Like half a teaspoon?)I even tried exfoliating my face with SA 2% FIRST...and then applying the Sebum Be Gone immediately afterward on my newly exfoliated skin, thinking my skin would be more receptive to the product, but....nothing. No change.

Does anyone know if topical green tea extract normalizes oily skin? I seem to remember reading that somewhere on the Internet, but of course now I can't find it! Smiler

I still believe that nothing but an INTERNAL approach will ever be able to normalize oily skin. Topicals just don't seem to cut it (at least for me, anyway).

Thanks-

John

Thanks for the report. Responses are running about 5 to 1 saying that it reduces sebum. But it may not work for everyone.