Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
DR. WEIL....EMU OIL! Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Just read on another site that the infamous Dr. Weil, ala his newsletter, states that there are no scientific studies about the effects of emu oil on the skin other than the birds suffering or something to that effect....I myself could definitely prove him wrong because of how great my skin feels and looks after using it...So my dearest Dr Weil,in many ways, I tink u wong...About poor "emu" all along...About sum tings u may be right...But here I say, go fly a kite...And now you get the royal "GONG!"

SKIN SHOULD BE LIKE FINE WINE......GETTING BETTER WITH AGE!!..CHUCK
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi chuckk.

I have been using and researching and of course trying skin care products for some time now - mainly on the internet. I have come to the conclusion that Dr. Pickart is the only one I trust these days for skin care advice.

His opinions regarding BHOs as oppose to such things as Hyuralonic Acid etc make perfect sense to me.

Glad your getting as good results as I am with these products.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by chuckk:
Just read on another site that the infamous Dr. Weil, ala his newsletter, states that there are no scientific studies about the effects of emu oil on the skin other than the birds suffering or something to that effect....I myself could definitely prove him wrong because of how great my skin feels and looks after using it...So my dearest Dr Weil,in many ways, I tink u wong...About poor "emu" all along...About sum tings u may be right...But here I say, go fly a kite...And now you get the royal "GONG!"

There are published studies about emu oil speeding rejuvenation. Dr. Weil does not appear to read research journals. His says there is no way to slow aging or reduce the negative effects of aging. His advice on aging is basically to drink eight glasses of water daily and think pleasant thoughts. He reminds me of physicians of 150 years ago who objected to the use of pain killers because "humans were meant to suffer from pain".

I am unaware of any contribution he has made to the science of human aging but he does sell books.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
I'm 59 and had very thin skin under my eyes. In another skin forum, a 52 yo woman said she used Emu oil in the undereye area and it improved the look of the skin. Hmmmm, ok, so I bought some and used it am and pm. After two weeks there was visible improvement, which continued thru the third week ... not miraculous, but the skin was not as thin looking ... and the hollow area under my hereditary bags was plumped out and less noticeable. I was using no other products under the eyes during that time, so the improvement was strictly from the Emu Oil! Progress has slowed (a product can only do so much - lol), but I still make sure my undereye area is slathered with Emu Oil at night. I've just received my SRCP's and started a program this week, so it will be interesting to see what added effect that will have in that area. Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Hmm, dolphin gal, very kewl! Thanks for sharing. I'm slated to get an emu sample with my next SB order. I can't wait to try it, I could use some help with my naturally dark undereye hollows.
Jadzia ... A little bit of Emu Oil goes a LONG way. A lot of people complain that it's too oily for them, but usually they're overapplying, as I did at first - lol. Merely wet your fingertip with the oil - ie, do NOT squeeze out a whole drop - just wet your fingertip and then tap lightly in the middle of each undereye area, then go back and gently smoothe it out on each side. I then do the same procedure for the lids. You can always go back and add more, but it's a waste of product to apply too much and then have to remove some.