Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Vit C and Copper?? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Skin Bio wrote somewhere recently on this board that Vit C and CP doesn't seem to be as antagonistic as previously thought. Does that mean I can use both at the same time?? I accidentally put P & R 3 under my eyes 1 morning after I had already put on my vit C serum...nothing bad happened, but I don't want to cancel out the copper or cause some sort of damage.

Thank you,
Kathleen
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I believe that the general opinion of Skin Bio is that Vitamin C is best taken orally. If you want to use it topically, they advise using CPs and Vitamin C at least 12 hours apart as the Vitamin C can cancel out the CPs. HTH.

KathyC
So would you guys think it better to just use copper am and pm and skip the Vit C? I admit I've had good resuls with it.

Thanks!
Kathleen
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Kathleen:

It is true that it does not seem to be posing as much of a problem that biochemically it would make sense that it would cancel out the efficacy of the vitamin C...

But if you are concerned with this - you can always just apply them at opposite ends of the day or alternate them.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Thank you for the answer, Skin Bio and Deb.

I guess the problem is that right now, I don't think I should step up to using SRCP twice a day as I've only recently started. So I am using the Vit C in the morning still and the SRCP at night. Eventually, I will toss it I think and just use SRCP 2 times a day.

Deb, how long before you worked up to using it 2 times a day?

I'm not going partiularly slow here. I'm using non-diluted CP Serum on my face at night (after a mini 3% BHA peel, 2.3 PH), followed by P&R 3 under eyes and Super Cop on my temples for some old saucer-type marks. Cover everything with emu. Lactic acid 55% twice/week. I've been using acids a LONG time, so I'm used to them, but I am getting just terrific results now with the CP Serum and Emu Oil. Too soon to know about the scars.

I have blemishes on my chin, too, but I forgot to get Super CP Serum and i'm afraid to use Super Cop on my chin for fear of breakouts.

Kathleen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Hi Deb,

I think I'll do as you suggest and just finish up the Vitamin C and then switch to using the copper 2x/day.

I wanted to go up to Super CP Serum once I use up the regular CP Serum--which won't be long the way I use it. ;-) I have the new batch which is thicker than the old stuff, so it doesn't have "drops" really. So I'd say I use about 4-5 pea size globs on my face every night.
You think it would be okay to use the Super CP Serum 2x/day or just use it at night and the regular CP Serum in the morning? I fear I will run out of Vit C and regular CP Serum at the same time and worry jumping to Super CP Serum 2x/day might be too much.

Did you just go straight to Super Cop 2x on the scars?? I bought the Super Cop and DY gave me a Super Cop 2x sample with it, but I haven't used it yet. I want to get Super CP Serum for my chin cuz I'm afraid to rub Super Cop on my whole chin area every night for fear of zits!!

I am getting brave and bought a sample of Day Cover. I am going to try it everywhere EXCEPT my chin and jawline, which is what wants to break out. (Even now, I am not brave enough to try emu oil there and have been using my "old" moisturizer from my lower lip down. ;-) Think I should go for it with the emu on my entire face? I admit not a single zit or clogged pore has it caused me on the rest of my face. In fact, it appears to make my face glow and just get healthier! I think it's repairing the skin barrier.

Gee, I put too much in this 1 post. Sorry!
Kathleen
Hi Deb,

Thanks for your reply! Okay, deep breath, I guess I will try emu on my whole face tonight! Did you have blemish-prone skin problems ever outside of creams giving you a problem? I mean, I was on antibiotics, Retin A, Accutane, the whole kit and kaboodle. (No, I didn't have terrible cystic breakouts, I took accutane b/c it was resistant even to antibiotics! After accutane, the antibiotics worked on it.) Now, I only have to watch my chin (blackhead city) and I have some large pores and of course some saucer-type blemishes left from the bad old days.

I've been using Super Cop on my temples for the scars, but am afraid to put in on my chin as I think I said before, so I'll just get some Super CP Serum, I guess. It's only more money. ;-)

Kathleen

:-)) Accutane didn't quite save me as I still have to take antibiotics and my face is still somewhat oily. BUT at least my face is clear now with the meds I do use, so I guess it saved me in that regard! I, too, am sick of the gastro and yeast problems. I am always taking probiotics and digestive enzyemes. Want to get off this stuff!! I wanted to try a 3rd round of Accutane. Doctor was cool with it, but now I have thyroid and adrenal problem and my liver doesn't clear meds properly so I get bad reactiions. Go figure!! Well, I'm getting that straightened out and the doc thinks the adrenal thing could be why I still have skin problems anyway. We'll see! In the meantime, I cope. (And I don't mean to bore you with my ailments, lol!)

Did CP Serum do anything for the appearance of your pores and blemishes? I guess you weren't breaking out anymore when you started it, so can't say it helped with that probably.

Kathleen