Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Are these products absorbed? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi, I'm glad to have a place to ask this question: I'm using COP 2 as instructed, not applying too much. But no matter how little I use, after a full night's sleep cleansing pads come away blue, blue, blue. (In fact, before cleansing, my whole face has a blue tinge.) I should say that I have very little subcutaneous fat in my face (sad, but true), and perhaps this affects absorption? Still, I have to wonder with so much residue on the cleansing pad, is anything being absorbed? Would a colloidal product increase absorption?

Thanks for any similar reactions and/or solutions.
Picture of Rossana
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Are you using SuperCop 2X on the entire face? That is not recommended, it is for spot treating not to use liberally on the entire face especially if you have just started (I am assuming you have started not too long ago since you just registered).
I'd certainly start with a much weaker CP, no matter what your skin problem is, then progress to stronger CPs over time. Also I would definitively not use SuperCop2X on the entire face, regardless of the blue hue, only on the problematic spots.

In general you can use emu oil or squalane or CELES on top of CPs to increase penetration

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
I've used colloidal copper on my face before, so I'm not new to copper. But I'm new to a product that leaves color on the skin, even after a whole night. And no, I'm applying Super COP2 to problem areas only, areas that remain blue on waking. So I repeat my question: doesn't all this color on the skin's surface mean little is being absorbed? And do colloidal minerals aid absorption. (I ask because with those I didn't get color residue.) Thanks for any light you can shed here.
Picture of Rossana
Most copper products from cosmetic companies contain very small amounts of copper. Far less than Skin Biology products have. So you won't have any residue simply because there is so so little copper in them. And I would bet many cosmetic companies even make the color darker by simply using cheap colorants that dissolve easily.

To answer your question: if Skin Biology copper products were not absorbed, this forum would not exist. Skin Biology would not exist. All of us reporting great results would not exist. The many published papers and scientific studies would not exist. So, yes, there is great absorption, which you can also improve further with emu or squalane on top, or with dermarollers.

About your own absorption, only you can know exactly. Does it sting a little after applying? Are you massaging in circular motion till the product disappears? Are you getting results or changes in your skin?

If I were you, I would not make a big deal for the skin hue. It highly depends on the skin color. Very pale skins tend to show the blue more than dark skins. And finding color on cleaning pads means really nothing.
Just make sure to use it according to the instructions (in the booklet that comes with the products and on SB website too).

Life is too short to remove USB safely!