healthyskin.infopop.cc
Emu Oil

This topic can be found at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7990018252/m/7830098923

01 April 2005, 12:31 PM
chelegirly
Emu Oil
I just got mine and I'm sorry but it STINKS!!! I'm a vegetarian so that might be part of my problem. Big Grin I just can't stand that SMELL!! Anyone else? I saw where someone said they liked it b/c it DIDN'T smell so I guess you can't please everyone, huh?

Michele
Mom to Four
01 April 2005, 02:00 PM
KathyC
I don't find emu oil has a smell at all. But I do find the body lotion and P & R suntanning lotion and some of the other cream products don't smell too pleasant!

KathyC
01 April 2005, 05:59 PM
sophie
We're all different. One of the guys says that his girlfriend told him he smells like a large game bird. Big Grin Don't know how she would know what a large game bird smells like unless she lives on an emu farm, but there it is! I love the emu oil and don't find that it has any smell!
01 April 2005, 08:40 PM
Lady Latte
LOL ... Yep, it does stink.

Turned me off using it, thankfully I only had a sample pot.

I am a big fan of rosehip but also use squalene occassionally.
01 April 2005, 09:16 PM
<DebbieNIR>
Eeker

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <DebbieNIR>,
01 April 2005, 09:31 PM
lauragal
I find that the Emu oil does have a distinct unpleasant smell. It doesn't bother me because I use it before I go to bed. I've also gotten used to it.

My husband hasn't complained about it (yet!) He is very sensitive to all kind of smells and everything bothers him.

Laura
02 April 2005, 07:18 AM
grhawk
I love emu! I don't notice any strong smell at all. I wear it at work but lightly. It is by far the best true moisturizer that I have ever used. For me it has been absolutely critical in my skin rejuvenation progress. Greg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
05 April 2005, 08:52 AM
ducky
I can't smell it either. I had read several posts before I ever ordered emu oil about it's smell so I was wary, but decided I was just going to use it anyway. Then had to wonder what the smell issue was. Now the copper products stink!!! Good grief, I could hardly take that trireduction cream! Even my dog gave me stange looks and left the room when I had that on. I'm getting used to them now though.
05 April 2005, 08:58 AM
ConnorD
I have a tough time with the smell too, but I love the results Emu has on my skin...I put a drop of nutmeg oil in mine...takes care of the smell for me...plus, my kids tell me how good I smell when I put it on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ConnorD,
05 April 2005, 10:51 AM
Lilu
quote:
! Good grief, I could hardly take that trireduction cream!

Trireduction is pretty stinky isn't it? Smiler

I find the Emu oil just mildly so, more slightly funky smelling rather that outright smelly.
05 April 2005, 10:34 PM
lauragal
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ducky:
Good grief, I could hardly take that trireduction cream!

It's amazing how different our senses are!!! I thought there was absolutely no smell to the Trireduction cream!!!

Laura
06 April 2005, 11:06 AM
JW
The smell of Emu oil (and some SRCPs) bothers me, too. I probably resisted the use of emu oil both psychologically and physically and therefore cannot observe any of the great properties of emu oil. I may try the nutmeg trick on the emu oil.

I feel more relaxed when using extra virgin olive oil, JASONS's organic vitamin E oil, sqaulane, and retinol in squalane if I could also be sure they don't cause breakouts.

07 April 2005, 04:31 PM
Skin Biology
Dear Michele:

Yes - the Emu Oil has (at least to me also) a definite smell.

But it's great stuff! If people can get past the smell it's actually amazing for the skin, since emu oil is very comparable to human skin oil and our supplemented version has a very nice mix of some great biologicals and anti-oxidants. It is a favorite of many of our clients.

However, others of our clients very much so have problems with the smell (or the fact that it is emu oil) and so opt for Squalane or use another biological oil of their choice.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team
25 July 2006, 11:32 PM
Model_Dr
quote:
Originally posted by Skin Biology:
Dear Michele:

Yes - the Emu Oil has (at least to me also) a definite smell.

Skin Biology I have three questions about your Emu oils, for hair and skin:

1. Can you tell me if the smell comes from the Emu oil or the added supplements?

2. Also, can you tell me if it's the double or triple refined kind? I can't tell by the color or texture since it has added supplements.
I read somewhere that double retains more of it's proprieties.

3. Is your Emu oil for hair with saw palmetto mostly effective for men because of the added saw palmetto? But for women using the regular SB Emu oil wouldn't make any difference?

I am not loosing my hair but I have long hair and I want to maintain and grow even longer. I wonder if using the regular SB Emu Oil would give me the same result as the SB Emu oil for hair since as a woman I don't need to reduce the DHT with saw palmetto which would be useless for me. I understand that saw palmetto is the only difference in-between the two SB Emu oils.

I am new to the use of Emu oils and I have tried all three: SB Emu, LB processor Ultra and clear. SB is by far the best but it smells, surprisingly I don't mine it though. I will keep a bottle of Ultra for the occasions I have to be around people. I use it mostly at night only so this wont be to often.

After almost two years of resisting the Emu oil I cave in and tried a few samples. Now I am no longer a good Vegan Frowner But I have to admit that I tried pretty much everything under the sun and Emu oil is the best to soothe irritated skin, period.

So, I will have to make this one exception in my Vegan lifestyle. I am glad that my Vegetarian live-in boyfriend don't mind the smell, he thinks it smells like chicken soup. I think it smells like a paper factory!

Thanks in advance for your time

26 July 2006, 11:59 AM
JW
Heidi, a good and bad vegan? Smiler It's a complex one has to live with when one becomes a believer.

I, too, feel like I'm wearing chicken soup and sometimes turkey, which can gag me a bit if I think about it too much. Jason Vitamin E Beauty Oil and extra-virgin olive oil work just as well for me (better psychologically) for daily cosmetic treatment.

SB,

Is clear and unscented emu oil with added anti-oxidants any good?

07 September 2006, 04:57 PM
Model_Dr
quote:
Originally posted by JW:
Heidi, a good and bad vegan? Smiler It's a complex one has to live with when one becomes a believer.

I, too, feel like I'm wearing chicken soup and sometimes turkey, which can gag me a bit if I think about it too much. Jason Vitamin E Beauty Oil and extra-virgin olive oil work just as well for me (better psychologically) for daily cosmetic treatment and protection.

SB,

Is clear and unscented emu oil with added anti-oxidants any good?

Dear JW,

Well it's nice to see that others feels the same about animals Smiler

It was indeed hard but I find that the Emu oil is really ultimate. I find extra-virgin olive oil to be too think, I prefer squalane, but it's very thin compare to SB Emu Oil.

I am not sure of what you mean by: "Is clear and unscented Emu oil with added anti-oxidants any good?" The clear unscented Emu oil only has Vitamin E as a preservative and no other added anti-oxidants. I don't think anyone else but SB Emu oil ahs such combination. And I think that is way it's better than the other Emu oils out there.
21 December 2011, 05:39 AM
blagmeg
Hey, guys! I got a test spot (or sample spot) of Skin Bio products last week. SORRY< BUT I THINK SOME PROducts are really stinky - for example, GHK cream, I can't stand the strench, I thought may be it is spoiled???? And Day Cover is also smellyFrowner((((((((((( Is there anyone else who thinks the same about these products? Or am I the only capricious person here????