Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Gentle Clean is Far Too Drying Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I am very disappointed with the Gentle Clean. I have combo sking but find it makes my skin feel tight and dry. In order to use it up, I've also been using it as a body wash and hand soap -- even my hands feel far too dry after using it. I don't mind the heavy scent if it's just glycerine, but if it's added fragrance, I think that is something that shouldn't be added to a facial wash product. I think Skin Biology could do much better than this product -- Cetaphil for Oily/Normal skin and the original Cetaphil are superior.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Annie:

We are sorry that this product did not do well on your skin. Those who have found Gentle Clean to be too dry for their sensitive skin have added Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher to it, or have had to switch over to a cleanser that their skin responds better to.

-Skin Bio Team
Sorry to hear your skin is not loving this.

I have seriously dry skin & have found Gentle Clean Liquid Cleanser to be the most gentle least drying of any liquid cleansers I have ever used.

I use about a size of a match head in wet palms on a wet face using a soft facial brush working in well & rinsing with tepid to cold water, than go with the rest of my routines.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:
I am very disappointed with the Gentle Clean. I have combo sking but find it makes my skin feel tight and dry. In order to use it up, I've also been using it as a body wash and hand soap -- even my hands feel far too dry after using it. I don't mind the heavy scent if it's just glycerine, but if it's added fragrance, I think that is something that shouldn't be added to a facial wash product. I think Skin Biology could do much better than this product -- Cetaphil for Oily/Normal skin and the original Cetaphil are superior.

We are starting to modify the Gentle Clean and have a somewhat better version now. If you want a free replacement with the new cleanser, please send an email to customerservice@skinbiology.com and mention my comment.