Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Calypso's Basic Oil Login/Join

Picture of Kathryn06
posted   Report This Post  
I've never used it beyond a body oil until now, but I've been using it very satisfactorily of late as an eye makeup remover (I was using Emu Oil, but that got too expensive), and it's working quite well.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Kathyrn06:

Very interesting...
Thanks for posting. We're glad that's working out for you.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team
Picture of BlueEyes
Would Calypsos oil work as a facial moisturizer in place of Emu oil, without being as greasy? Im trying to find something that I can use in the mornings that wont leave me too 'shiny'. With Emu, I have to blot my face throughout the day to keep my skin matte. I love Emu as a nighttime moisturizer and hair dressing, and I love the way it makes my hair look as a daytime hair dressing when applied to damp hair. It gives me a nice, messy look! How about squalane; is that a drier oil that might work better for the daytime? If I were to use Calypsos for my face, would it be ok to use the scented ones, say, with patchouli in it, or would that be irritating or comedogenic? Is there any science behind the idea that certain scents attract certain people, or is it all theory? I wouldnt mind being found more attractive by the ladies! Oh wait, I have a girlfriend. Strike that last comment from the record, please. Wink

~Brett~

"The caterpillar sheds his skin, to free the butterfly within...."
Picture of Kathryn06
I have often wondered the same things. Squalene tends to break me out, so I imagine Calypso's Oil would do the same, but it does work well for removing eyemakeup quickly. And much cheaper than squalene and emu. I don't really have a problem with emu during the day at all. My skin just drinks it up. Another biological oil that goes on really "dry," and that I like to use from time to time (usually in between emu orders when I'm trying to save money) is Jojoba.
Picture of BlueEyes
Does Skin Bio recommend Jojoba? If so, I wouldnt mind giving it a try. Thanks Kathryn!

~Brett~

"The caterpillar sheds his skin, to free the butterfly within...."
Picture of Kathryn06
For Skin Bio, I think Jojoba falls under the category of biological oils that are OK--better that commerical moisturizers--but not something found in human skin, so not optimum. I remember asking once on the old forum if these oils were OK b/c sometimes my finances needed to take break, and they said it wasn't terrible.

I like Jojoba b/c my skin is oily, and it does not cause breakouts at all.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Brett:

Actually Kathryn explained Dr. Pickart's view very well.

He said "There's probably nothing wrong with it, but we recommend using what is naturally found in the skin. Squalane is found naturally in the skin, so is octyl-palmitate. And emu oil is very similar to human skin oil."

-Skin Biology