Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Gentle Clean Login/Join

<Paula>
posted   Report This Post  
I just used the bar soap for the first time. It reminds me a lot of a soap I used waaay back in the day, when the dermatologist recommended Neutrogena bar. The look and scent of the bar is very similar, from memory.

Gentle Clean was a smaller bar than I expected, but hopefully it will last a long time. It lathered better than I thought it would, and my skin did not feel dry and tight after use, as though I had to run for moisturizer.

I will write about the liquid cleanser after I use it, which will probably be in the shower.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
<Paula>
I used the Gentle Clean liquid version in the shower. It also lathers well and has that same good smell. It's a very comforting scent. Anyway, it doesn't take much of GC to get the job done. I used it all over.

Thumbs up for both versions of Gentle Clean!

I need to find a pump to fit this bottle or else transfer some of the liquid to a pump dispenser just to make it even more convenient and to dispense the right amount.
<Paula>
I think the bar soap is going to last me a pretty long time since I set it in a soap dish that lets it air out between uses.

I am going to look for a pump dispenser for the liquid version to use in the shower.

Thumbs up for Gentle Clean!
<Paula>
I put half the bottle of GC in a ceramic pump dispenser I bought from Kohls to hold hand soap in my bathroom. It is great for the shower, as I can dispense the GC I need with one hand. Well, as long as I don't knock the dispenser over and break it, that is Big Grin
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
When I first used the bar, I struggled a little. But then someone told me a tip which I loved. They told me to get one of those facial cleansing brushes (I think Dermalogica do one, and there is Shisedo have one as well). Well you run the brush under water and then rub it on one side of the bar, and it lathers up beautifully, and then you just use the brush to cleanse your face.

You probably could do the same with the Clarisonic (but I haven’t tried that yet so don’t take it as gospel). I do really like Gentle Clean. It smells wonderful, doesn’t overstrip the skin of oil, but does a thorough clean and my skin feels great after using it.

I do travel often, but so far have been taking the large liquid bottle with me (the liquid bottle which is already “ready to use” is my personal favourite, but I do have the bar as well. I have to try Summerwave’s suggestion about getting another smaller dispenser for travelling though – excellent idea Summerwave!
<Paula>
quote:
Originally posted by SeanySeanUK:
When I first used the bar, I struggled a little. But then someone told me a tip which I loved. They told me to get one of those facial cleansing brushes (I think Dermalogica do one, and there is Shisedo have one as well). Well you run the brush under water and then rub it on one side of the bar, and it lathers up beautifully, and then you just use the brush to cleanse your face.

You probably could do the same with the Clarisonic (but I haven’t tried that yet so don’t take it as gospel). I do really like Gentle Clean. It smells wonderful, doesn’t overstrip the skin of oil, but does a thorough clean and my skin feels great after using it.

I do travel often, but so far have been taking the large liquid bottle with me (the liquid bottle which is already “ready to use” is my personal favourite, but I do have the bar as well. I have to try Summerwave’s suggestion about getting another smaller dispenser for travelling though – excellent idea Summerwave!

Sounds like a good idea to use a brush on the soap bar. I have bought facial brushes from the drugstore, but it's been a while.

You can buy travel size containers for your GC or other full size products, usually at walmart or drugstores in the "trial size" section.
Or you can cut the bar up. I did that, I think I cut it into about 4 pieces and took a piece with me when I am on the road and my brush. The brush just seems to help you get a lather quickly without wasting much of the product, but thats probably due to me and my clumbsy hands. My sister, is able to use the bar without any wastage whatsoever (and I have watched her do it several times and still can't do it the same), but the brush is the closest and easiest thing i have found so far! Excellent idea though re the travel containers. It will definitely help me carry the sections about when they are still a little wet.

I'm in the UK and luckily we don't have a walmart (saw that program about them) but do have places we can get containers from (Boots & Superdrug both do wonderful small, cheap ones) so thanks for the suggestion. I learn so much from this forum, I dread to think where I would be if it didn't exist! Bravo!
<Paula>
Yes, I hate Walmart and hate going there, but sometimes it's a necessary evil, lol. Laughing
Picture of stoney
...Ain't that the truth!!!!!!
<Paula>
quote:
Originally posted by SeanySeanUK:
Or you can cut the bar up. I did that, I think I cut it into about 4 pieces and took a piece with me when I am on the road and my brush. The brush just seems to help you get a lather quickly without wasting much of the product, but thats probably due to me and my clumbsy hands. My sister, is able to use the bar without any wastage whatsoever (and I have watched her do it several times and still can't do it the same), but the brush is the closest and easiest thing i have found so far! Excellent idea though re the travel containers. It will definitely help me carry the sections about when they are still a little wet.

I'm in the UK and luckily we don't have a walmart (saw that program about them) but do have places we can get containers from (Boots & Superdrug both do wonderful small, cheap ones) so thanks for the suggestion. I learn so much from this forum, I dread to think where I would be if it didn't exist! Bravo!

Sean, I'm glad you reminded me about using a simple facial brush! It has helped tremendously with the flakies.
LOL Glad I could help.

You know I do alternate between exfoliating with a dry brush (doing facial brushing) and using a wet brush to apply a cleanser.

Both do have merits that are seriously worth considering and do make the products and skin feel so wonderful!