Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
update Login/Join

<Paula>
posted   Report This Post  
Well, my recent history with the CPs was, I started using them again April 2006 but not being aggressive, not using an exfoliator, and i wasn't seeing improvement. I think it was other things in my life I was reacting to negatively, causing some depression... I just wasn't that concerned with how I looked and I wasn't into skin care at the time. Anyway...I have some blemishes that are discolored, some are pitted, others are shallower and irregularly shaped, and some are just this rolling bumpy skin around my mouth area. I also have just a bit of slackening of skin.

In May 2007 I started a more regular routine of manual exfoliation (light use of pumice stone, baking soda scrub), 10% and 40% peels and Super CP Serum. Sometimes I will spot treat with the Super Cop cream. Occasionally, I will use a sharp toothpick to scratch around in the worst scars, but I try to be careful now. (Sometime back I was too diggy with the toothpicks and caused it to mark the skin worse.) I use an emu oil lightly after the serum. And I use my Facial Flex some.

Around 3 - 4 months into it, I could tell some improvement. Especially since the beginning of this month, Sept., when I started getting into a serious exercise routine, taking supplements regularly and trying to be less stressed. I don't know what other people see, but I can definitely tell the scars appear are a bit more shallow, a bit smaller. My coloration is getting a tad bit more healthy looking. I know the improvement is very subtle, it's just that I can tell a difference since I look closely at my face daily.

But I am wanting to know if there are any suggestions for getting more improvements. Should I stick with what I'm doing or tweak things a bit, add something else? I am wondering if it's worth it to get the Derma Roller. Or is there some other, cheaper device someone has discovered to get the product deeper? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Summerwave:

Thanks for posting!

We've had many clients report excellent results using a couple of methods of exfoliation (manually and chemical exfoliation). Of course they do so moderately and carefully monitor their skin's reaction, but this seems to be working for you also.

Using the peels every once in a while and then accompanying that with manual exfoliation seems to work well.

Perhaps others will have additional suggestions. But try to stay consistent with what seems to be working for you.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology