Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Copper Peptides, weigth loss and ethnic skin Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I am getting ready to start a new weight loss program and I have quite a bit of weight to lose. My goal is to prevent the excess skin that I have seen on other people. I would like to do this by using copper peptide products. However, I am African American and I have read that ethnic skin can be sensitive to strong skin products - often strong acids, lasers, and topical creams can cause hyperpigmentation.

I would like to tighten my body skin, but I don't want to risk hyperpigmentation. What formula should I start with to avoid any problems? Also, how should I use a copper peptide should I use? I have heard that overuse of cop pep can result in skin becoming even looser.

Thanks and looking forward to reply.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hello? No reply yet? I really hope I get an answer.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear new_me:

Thanks for posting!

You may want to carefully review the following link:
http://www.reverseskinaging.com/tighten.html

The above link outlines how skin tightening can be accomplished using a method of mild abrasion (use either an hydroxy acid or a method of manual abrasion such as a microdermabrasion cloth, skin scrub, etc). Taking internal supplements of vitamin C and MSM may greatly help as well.

Ethnic skin can be very sensitive to strong products (and strong acids) and have the tendency to hyperpigment in areas of damage and excessive irritation. Therefore going slow will be key.

One skilled esthetician who carries our products stated: "I do not think it good to work with acids higher than 15% for ethnic skin. Peeling the skin (20% +acids) is typically where the problems begin and it best to take your time and work slowly using milder acids."

Misuse or overuse of SRCPs (Skin Remodeling Copper-Peptides) can cause skin looseness but this is usually in the case of overuse around the eye area and/or neck skin. Body skin typically can handle a little bit stronger regimen, but go slowly.

For example, you may want to use (after or during bathing) a skin scrub, loofah, or microdermabrasion cloth to keep the skin cell turn over rate going. Afterward, in the AM apply Protect & Restore Body Lotion or mix with a little bit of TriReduction Cream or Super Cop. In the PM, use Exfol Cream (2% hydroxy acid) or LacSal Cream (10% hydroxy acid).

Try to use the products consistently and report back any results. Feel free to ask us any questions along the way.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,